- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose einkorn flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar plus 3 tablespoons for dusting
- 1⁄3 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsulphured molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a second bowl, stir together the melted butter, 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar, dark brown sugar, molasses, ginger, and cinnamon. Add the egg and whisk together until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture and mix with a spatula until the dry ingredients are no longer visible.
- Let stand for 15 minutes to give the flour time to absorb the wet ingredients.
- Spread the remaining 3 tablespoons granulated sugar on a small plate. Roll 1 1⁄2-inch balls of dough between your hands and roll them in the sugar to dust completely.
- Place the balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 16 minutes until the cookies have spread and are barely firm to the touch.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes,then transfer to a rack to cool completely. The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days
Recipe from Einkorn Cookbook by Jovial Products
- Serving Size: 2 small
- Calories: 248
- Sugar: 18 g
- Sodium: 298 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 40 mg