- 1 cup of dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of mint andes candies pieces
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- In an electric mixer with the paddle brush, mix together cocoa powder, sugar, and coconut oil until it turns to a dark gritty texture.
- Next add in eggs, one at a time followed by the vanilla extract.
- Once combined slowly add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just combined, next add in andes candies. Mix until just combined.
- Place dough in refrigerator and let sit for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll into 1″ balls, put each ball in a bowl of powdered sugar. Roll around so that they are completely covered and then place on a baking sheet with silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let sit for a minute on baking sheet then place on cooling rack to cool.
Recipe slightly adapted from Simply Recipes