Easy Mediterranean Steak & Quinoa Bowls filled with juicy tender steak, crisp vegetables, grains and a creamy tzatziki sauce. A balanced meal that’s light, quick and loaded with greek flavor. These quinoa bowls are a dinner your family will love!
Mediterranean Steak Quinoa Bowl Recipe
When I first moved down to Texas (almost 13 years ago) one of the first license plates I saw was: “I wasn’t born here, but I got here as soon as I could.” At first I thought it was hilarious, but now I understand the pride that Texans have in their state. My husband and I have since adapted that phrase, I mean I feel like after 10 years we’re officially Texans, right?
If you’ve never visited Texas you need to! Texans are selfless, hard working, enjoyers of life and their families but what stands out the most is how they are over the top friendly. They’re all about welcoming people and treating them like family regardless of where they are from. I absolutely love that! Basically Texas is the bomb.com!
That’s why I’m so excited to partner with Beef Loving Texans for todays post!
Beef Loving Texans is a community built around Texas pride, heritage and a shared love for beef. It’s a great place to find inspiration on how to incorporate beef into a well-balanced diet. The organization is active in communities and groups that inspire healthy lifestyle changes and represent the Texas Beef Council, which contains 130,000 beef farmers and ranchers across Texas. Kinda crazy right!
Who doesn’t love a big juicy steak? It’s probably one of my husbands favorite meals!
Think about it. When you want to go out for a nice dinner you go to a ________.
Beef brings people around the table, it makes them dive into their food and leaves them feeling satisfied and connected. Some of my favorite dinners involve a perfectly cooked filet mignon finished with truffle seasoning salt and a bold glass of cabernet sauvignon.
Ok, now I’m hungry. Let’s talk food shall we?
What is a quinoa bowl?
Quinoa Bowl Recipes have become very popular in the wellness industry over the past couple of years. Quinoa is a nutty-flavored ancient grain that has fiber AND protein. It’s a pantry staple in most kitchens and is great addition to any meal adding in much needed nutrients to the diet. A quinoa bowl is essentially a bowl containing quinoa topped with vegetables, meat and sometimes a sauce or dressing. You can add just about anything you want to the bowl as long as it contains quinoa. They are delicious!
Best Mediterranean Marinade for Steak?
- To a large bowl add 2 ½ Tbsp. red wine vinegar, 2 ½ Tbsp. olive oil, ½ tsp. Dijon mustard, ¼ tsp. honey, ¼ tsp. salt and 2 tsp. salt-free Greek seasoning. Whisk to combine.
- Place half of the marinade in a zip-top plastic bag along with the steak.Reserve the other half of the marinade for basting.
- Marinate 15 minutes to 2 hours for Top Sirloin or 2 hours to overnight for Flank steak.
What is the best cut of beef to use?
Typically when I am making a meal where the beef is served in something; like a salad, pasta or quinoa bowl I will use a less expensive cut of meat. In those type of recipes I will use top sirloin, flank steak and sometimes skirt steak. Just know that with the flank steak or skirt steak you will need to get it tenderized so it’s not as tough or marinade it longer to allow the acid from the marinade to tenderize the meat naturally.
In this Mediterranean Steak Bowl I used actually used flank steak. I always use tenderized flank steak whenever I buy it. If you can’t find flank steak tenderized just grab the package and take it to your butcher. They will be able to tenderize it for you, honestly they can make any type of cut or anything for you. It’s one of my favorite places to go to get exactly what I need.
The tenderized steak combined with the Mediterranean marinade in this recipe is incredible! What I love about this recipe is how balanced it is, you have grains, crisp veggies, steamed veggies, protein, and dairy from the creamy tzatziki sauce. Not only is it balanced nutritionally but the flavor is too. It’s on point! Wanna know a secret? I got this recipe off of the Beef Loving Texans website! If you want more, head over there –> Beef Loving Texans. The next one I want to try is the Steak Marsala or the Korean Braised Short Ribs. YUM!
Bon Appetit friends. I know you’re gonna love this one!
More Quinoa Bowl Recipes you Need to Make:
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Quinoa Bowl
- Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bowls
- Crunchy Thai Quinoa Salad
- Deconstructed Stuffed Bell Pepper Bowl
*** This recipe was sponsored by Beef Loving Texans. However, like always all opinions are 100% mine! Thank you for supporting the brands that support Joyful Healthy Eats. ***Print
Easy Mediterranean Steak & Quinoa Bowls filled with juicy tender steak, crisp vegetables, grains and a creamy tzatziki sauce. A balanced meal that’s light, quick and loaded with greek flavor.
- 1 lb beef Top Sirloin Steak or Flank Steak
- 16 cups fresh spinach, baby
- 3 cups quinoa, cooked
- ⅔ cup cherry tomatoes, fresh
- ½ cup cucumber, sliced
- 2 ½ Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. salt-free Greek seasoning
- ½ cup Greek yogurt, plain
- ¼ cup cucumber, grated
- 1 Tbsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1½ tsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. dried dill weed
- ⅛ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Place half of the marinade in a zip-top plastic bag; reserving the other half for basting. Add Greek seasoning and steak to bag. Marinate 15 minutes to 2 hours for Sirloin or 2 hours to overnight for Flank steak.
- Heat a grill pan on stove on MEDIUM HIGH heat. (or you could heat your grill to medium high heat, approximately 375-400 degrees F)
- Remove steak from bag, discard leftover marinade in bag. Once grill is hot, place steak on pan and grill 10-12 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. Remove steak from pan, and rest for 3 minutes. Salt to taste.
- Add spinach to a pot of water and steam in boiling water until vibrant green, then immediately remove with tongs and place on a plate.
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Combine Tzatziki sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Evenly divide quinoa, steamed spinach, tomatoes, and cucumbers in four bowls. Top bowls with sliced steak and 2 Tbsp. Tzatziki sauce. (optional: crumbled feta cheese)
Recipe found on Beef Loving Texan
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 440
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 430 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 42 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 37 g
- Cholesterol: 64 mg
Keywords: quinoa bowl, mediterranean steak, steak bowl, quinoa recipes, grilled steak recipe, quinoa bowl recipes, mediterranean bowl,
Want More Quick Steak Recipes?