Easy Mediterranean Steak & Quinoa Bowls filled with juicy tender steak, crisp vegetables, grains and a creamy tzatziki sauce. A balanced meal that’s light, quick and loaded with greek flavor.
- 1 lb beef Top Sirloin Steak or Flank Steak
- 16 cups fresh spinach, baby
- 3 cups quinoa, cooked
- ⅔ cup cherry tomatoes, fresh
- ½ cup cucumber, sliced
- 2 ½ Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. salt-free Greek seasoning
- ½ cup Greek yogurt, plain
- ¼ cup cucumber, grated
- 1 Tbsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1½ tsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. dried dill weed
- ⅛ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Place half of the marinade in a zip-top plastic bag; reserving the other half for basting. Add Greek seasoning and steak to bag. Marinate 15 minutes to 2 hours for Sirloin or 2 hours to overnight for Flank steak.
- Heat a grill pan on stove on MEDIUM HIGH heat. (or you could heat your grill to medium high heat, approximately 375-400 degrees F)
- Remove steak from bag, discard leftover marinade in bag. Once grill is hot, place steak on pan and grill 10-12 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. Remove steak from pan, and rest for 3 minutes. Salt to taste.
- Add spinach to a pot of water and steam in boiling water until vibrant green, then immediately remove with tongs and place on a plate.
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Combine Tzatziki sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Evenly divide quinoa, steamed spinach, tomatoes, and cucumbers in four bowls. Top bowls with sliced steak and 2 Tbsp. Tzatziki sauce. (optional: crumbled feta cheese)
Recipe found on Beef Loving Texan
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 440
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 430 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 42 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 37 g
- Cholesterol: 64 mg
Keywords: quinoa bowl, mediterranean steak, steak bowl, quinoa recipes, grilled steak recipe, quinoa bowl recipes, mediterranean bowl,