Deconstructed Stuffed Bell Pepper Bowl
You guys are in a for a treat today. My friend Lindsay Cotter who blogs over at Cotter Crunch just came out with a cookbook. And guess what.
It’s all about superfood bowls!
Lindsay has been blogging for 7 years now and is a gluten free nutrition specialist. She started cotter crunch to share how she fueled her husband, who was a professional tri-athlete at the time. Her speciality was in sports nutrition, so she knows her stuff when it comes to fueling the body with “goods.” But now she shares her heart for real food with an emphasis on gluten free recipes.
Not only is her photography absolutely gorgeous… #goals
But she is super creative with her recipes. Some of my favorite recipes on her site are her Paleo 5 Spice BBQ Meatballs, One Bowl Vegan Chocolate Caramel Brownies and her Spicy Shrimp Caesar Spinach Salad.
And guys those are just the recipes on her website.
Her new cookbook Nourishing Superfood Bowls is FILLED … from cover to cover with beautiful recipes using real food ingredients to create delicious nutritious meals. From breakfast to dessert she has you covered and believe me, you’ll want to lick the page after you see each of these recipes!
I mean who, doesn’t want to dive into a bowl of Sticky Date Cake Yogurt Bowls or a Baja Fish Tacos Bowl! Um, yes please!
Today’s recipe these Deconstructed Stuffed Bell Pepper Bowls are from her cookbook, from the family style section. Which on a side note, I love that she has a family style section. Bowls are notorious for serving just one or two people, but some nights you need to make enough for a crowd, or at least in my house you do. She’s got you covered there too! Genius!
This recipe was super easy to make, used real ingredients and was loaded with flavor. The meat part was my favorite, it only had a few ingredients but the depth of flavor was ridiculous. The bowl itself was nutritious and super filling. I actually had it for dinner after my first crossfit workout. I was completely satisfied and felt great afterwards. I can’t wait to try more of her recipes!
Lindsay has a total of 75 recipes in her book ranging from breakfast, lunch, dinner, family style and even desserts.
To purchase her beautiful cookbook, Nourishing Superfood Bowls just go here —-> BUY COOKBOOK
Be sure to check out Instagram later today where I’ll be doing a giveaway for the book!
I guarantee you’re going to love every single gorgeous recipe in there and start feeling great after each meal! In my humble opinion, if you’re looking for healthy nutrient rich creative recipes to fold into your everyday life then this book is for you! Don’t miss out!
Bon Appetit friends!
This Deconstructed Stuffed Bell Pepper Bowl is a delicious family-style gluten free recipe everyone will love. It’s healthy, hearty, nutritious and delicious!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes or Italian seasoning
- fine sea salt or kosher salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons gluten free Worcestershire sauce or tamari
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 cups lightly steamed spinach
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- handful of fresh torn cilantro
- 1 green onion, chopped
- handful of sliced cherry tomatoes
- kefir yogurt cheese or sour cream, optional for topping
- red pepper flakes, hot sauce or tabasco, optional for topping
- lemon slices, for garnish
- To make the Beef, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink, about 7-10 minutes. Drain off any extra fat. Add the garlic and onion, cooking for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the chopped bell pepper, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce, and cook until bubbly, about 5 more minutes.
- For the Bowl, spoon the quinoa into a large bowl, followed by the spinach. Add in the ground beef mixture, and top with the sliced bell pepper, cilantro, green onion and cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add a dollop of the yogurt cheese and red pepper flakes, if desired, and garnish with sliced lemon.
- Serve in one large bowl or in individual bowls.
Recipe from Lindsay Cotters cookbook Nourishing Superfood Bowls
Keywords: taco bowl recipe, bell pepper recipe, stuffed bell pepper recipe, easy stuffed bell peppers, how to make stuffed bell peppers, easy healthy dinner recipe, easy healthy dinners, easy healthy dinner ideas, gluten free dinner
Reprinted from Nourishing Superfood Bowls by arrangement with Page Street Publishing Co. Copyright © 2018, Lindsay Cotter
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!