Deconstructed Stuffed Bell Pepper Bowl a delicious family style gluten free recipe the family will love! Easy to make, high in nutrients, delicious and perfectly satisfying.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes or Italian seasoning
- fine sea salt or kosher salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons gluten free Worcestershire sauce or tamari
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 cups lightly steamed spinach
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- handful of fresh torn cilantro
- 1 green onion, chopped
- handful of sliced cherry tomatoes
- kefir yogurt cheese or sour cream, optional for topping
- red pepper flakes, hot sauce or tabasco, optional for topping
- lemon slices, for garnish
- To make the Beef, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink, about 7-10 minutes. Drain off any extra fat. Add the garlic and onion, cooking for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the chopped bell pepper, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce, and cook until bubbly, about 5 more minutes.
- For the Bowl, spoon the quinoa into a large bowl, followed by the spinach. Add in the ground beef mixture, and top with the sliced bell pepper, cilantro, green onion and cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add a dollop of the yogurt cheese and red pepper flakes, if desired, and garnish with sliced lemon.
- Serve in one large bowl or in individual bowls.
Recipe from Lindsay Cotters cookbook Nourishing Superfood Bowls