With just the right amount of lime juice, cointreau, tequila this 5-minute Cadillac Margarita will be your go-to summer cocktail. Topped with it’s classic Grand Marnier floater then served over ice with a salt rim. It’s as easy as it is impressive!
The Best Cadillac Margarita Recipe
Served in a salt-rimmed glass, this icy Cadillac Margarita is the pick-me-up cocktail your margarita nights need this summer. Made with three kinds of alcohol, it’s the perfect way to get the party started on a sweet and boozy note.
Shaken with a bit of ice for a slightly frosty sip, this recipe is made with all your typical margarita ingredients plus Grand Marnier for some orange-flavored flair. Brightened up with a splash of lime juice, this citrusy cocktail gets its sweetness from agave syrup. Don’t worry if you don’t have any, you can always use honey!
Poured over ice, this Cadillac Margarita is so refreshing and impressive that it’ll make you seem like a pro bartender. Ready in only 5 minutes for the quickest cocktail possible, there’s no excuse to keep your cocktail shaker dry once summer comes around.
What Is A Cadillac Margarita?
Cadillac margaritas are named after the luxury car brand because they’re just as fancy. They use brand-name liqueurs and are an extra special treat when you’re craving a cocktail. These margaritas are made with tequila, lime juice and Cointreau. What makes them stand out is their classic Grand Marnier floater. They don’t need to be sweetened, but they can be with simple syrup of agave syrup.
What’s The Difference Between A Cadillac Margarita and Regular Margarita?
A Cadillac margarita is ultimately a fancier version of regular margaritas. While they both use tequila, lime juice, and orange liqueur, Cadillac margaritas use a “top-shelf” (high-quality) liqueur called Grand Marnier as the floater.
This cocktail is packed with three kinds of alcohol for the perfect boozy sip. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for full ingredient amounts.
- Cointreau – Use your favorite orange-flavored liqueur.
- Lime juice – Feel free to use lemon juice.
- Agave syrup – Raw honey or granulated sugar is a good swap.
- Grand Marnier
- Lime wedges – Lemon works too.
What Is Grand Marnier?
Grand Marnier is a French brand of alcohol that combines of cognac, orange liqueur, and sugar. It’s so popular that the name is also used to refer to orange liqueurs in general. In terms of flavor, it’s dry, spiced, and has hints of wood.
What’s The Best Tequila for a Cadillac Margarita?
For a truly luxurious and flavorful Cadillac margarita, use tequila “reposado” or “añejo,” which are two types of aged tequila. They have hints of oak and will make your drink smokey, but feel free to use white/silver tequila for a sharper finish.
How to Make A Cadillac Margarita
Don’t skip the salt rim! It’s incredibly easy and will make your cocktail look super impressive.
- Add lime juice. Use a knife to carefully make a slit in the center of a lime wedge. Run it along the rim of the glass until it’s coated in lime juice.
- Make the rim. Add the salt to a plate. Flip the glass onto the plate, pressing the lime juice-rim to the salt so it sticks. Flip it over again and set the rimmed glass aside.
- Make the margarita. Add tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, agave syrup, and 2 ice cubes to the cocktail shaker. Secure the lid and shake vigorously for 5-10 seconds or until the cocktail shaker is frosted.
- Serve. Add crushed ice to the rimmed glass, being careful not to brush off the salt. Divide the cocktail between two serving glasses, or save the rest for later. Top each margarita with 1 ounce of Grand Marnier. Garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy.
Can I Make This A Big Batch Cocktail?
Absolutely! Skip the ice and double, triple, or quadruple the ingredients depending on the number of guests you have. Add everything to a large pitcher and stir until well combined. Refrigerate the mixture for up to 2 days. Pour it into ice-filled glasses and serve.
This drink is perfect for a margarita night with friends. Thus, it’s perfect with easy appetizers like my Air Fryer Wonton Chips and Mediterranean 7 Layer Dip. You can also pair it with some Avocado Bruschettas or Easy Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus for a light but yummy bite.
More Fun Margarita Recipes
- Blood Orange Margarita
- Spicy Blackberry Margarita
- Light & Refreshing Spicy Margarita
- Mixed Berry Frozen Margarita
- Pomegranate Margarita Recipe
This 5-minute icy cadillac margarita is packed with tequila, cointreau, and grand marnier for a refreshing summer cocktail.
- 3 oz. resposado tequila
- 2 oz. cointreau
- 2 oz. lime juice
- 1 teaspoon agave juice
- 2 oz. grand marnier
- optional: salt for rim and lime garnish
- Salt Rim: Cut a lime wedge to make a slight slit in the lime. Place on the rim of the glass and run under until the rim is coated with lime juice. Add flake or course sea salt to a plate. Dunk lime juice lined rim into the salt until coated. Set aside.
- Make Margarita: To a cocktail shaker add tequila, cointreau, lime juice and agave as well as 2 ice cubes. Secure the cover and shake vigorously for 5-10 seconds or until cocktail shaker is frosted.
- Dress: Carefully add crushed ice to salt rimmed glass, so as not to knock the salt off. Equally, distribute the margarita between the two glasses. Top each margarita with a 1 oz. grand marnier floater and garnish with lime wedge. Serve.
- Serving Size: 1 cocktail
- Calories: 277
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 1 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 17 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: cadillac margarita, cadillac margarita recipe, best cadillac margarita recipe