These Air Fryer Wonton Chips are just like what you would get at a restaurant – but so much healthier! Skip the deep fryer and make these crunchy and delicious chips at home. They are the perfect crispy garnish and great for dipping!
If you’re looking for more homemade chips then you definitely need to make my Homemade Pita Chips!
Easy Wonton Chips
You know when you order Chinese food and you get the super tasty wonton strips? Or when you get an Ahi tuna dish and it’s served with crispy deep-fried wonton triangles? They are delicious! But so greasy because they are often fried in a deep fryer. So, I had to take it upon myself to make my own Air Fryer Wonton Chips!
Not only are these chips great for a garnish on your favorite Asian dishes, but they are an awesome alternative to the regular potato chip (especially tortilla chips!). I love dipping these golden brown and crunchy chips into my favorite salsa and guacamole. There is no way that you can have just one – and that’s ok! This recipe makes about 60 chips and there’s no guilt in having a handful.
Are Wonton Chips Healthier Than Tortilla Chips?
This recipe for wonton chips is healthier than if you were to go out or buy a bag of tortilla chips at the store. And here’s why:
- There’s no oil involved. The air fryer is magic, I swear! It transforms so many seemingly unhealthy dishes into guilt-free recipes by using extremely hot air instead of oil.
- You control the ingredients: This recipe requires just three simple ingredients – wonton wrappers, cooking oil spray, and salt. (And you can easily omit the salt if you need to!)
What You’ll Need
This list is short and sweet! Here’s what you need to make Air Fryer Wonton Chips.
- Wonton Wrappers: Check out the photo above for what you need! You can usually find these right at your regular supermarket. I find them by the tofu in the produce/refrigerated section.
- Cooking Oil Spray: You can use whatever oil you’d like here, but I like to use coconut oil.
- Sea Salt: You can use coarse or fine, either will work. Just be mindful that when using fine sea salt it will spread easier and your chips can end up very salty with just a few pinches!
How to Make Air Fryer Wonton Chips
The simple steps for making these healthy chips are below.
First, preheat the air fryer. Just like you wouldn’t want to add these chips to cold cooking oil, you don’t want to put them into a cold air fryer. Preheating is key for crispy chips!
Then cut the wonton wrappers in half. This is to create a triangle chip shape.
Spray the wonton chips with the cooking spray. And then place them in the air fryer.
Cook the chips in batches. It’s important that you don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. You’ll want to space them out in the basket and therefore it may take a few batches to get all of the chips done.
Season the chips immediately after they come out of the air fryer. This is important so that the salt sticks to the chips.
Serve the chips with your favorite dips! Now your chips are ready for however you want to use them.
Tips for Success
Follow these helpful tips when making this recipe for healthy fried wonton chips.
- Make sure that the chips are cut to the same size. You can cut them in half or even in quarters if you need something smaller. The important thing is that they are all the same size so that they cook at the same time.
- Shake the tray halfway through cooking. This will move the chips around so that they fry evenly.
- Season the chips as soon as you take them out of the air fryer. You do this to make sure that the salt sticks to the chips.
There’s no shame in eating these wonton chips plain! They are so delicious. But, here are some of my favorite ways to eat them if they make it that far!
- All of my favorite salsa recipes: Dipping these chips into freshly made salsa is such a treat! It’s a great snack or appetizer. Some of my favorite salsas include Avocado Salsa Verde and my Radish Pineapple Salsa.
- Don’t forget the guacamole! As with salsa, these chips pair perfectly with delicious and creamy guacamole. My favorites include Bacon Guacamole and Spicy Roasted Tomato Guacamole.
- Ahi Tuna: Wonton chips are a very popular garnish with many Ahi tuna dishes at restaurants. These chips would pair perfectly with my Tuna Poke Bowl for restaurant flavor at home!
- Ceviche: In addition to Ahi tuna, fried wonton chips are great to serve with ceviche. And I’ve got the perfect recipe to try – Easy Mango Shrimp Ceviche.
How to Store Air Fryer Wonton Chips
You can store these wonton chips in an airtight plastic or silicone bag for up to 3 days. After about 3 days they won’t be as crispy anymore.Print
Air Fryer Wonton Chips
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 9 minutes
- Yield: 60 wonton chips 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Asian
These perfectly Crispy Air Fryer Wonton Chips are the best crunchy garnish for salads and small plates. Plus, they are great for dipping! They are a quick and easy healthy option when you want to eat chips.
- 30 wonton wraps, halved into triangles
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat air fryer to 350°F.
- Add wonton wrappers to the air fryer basket in a single layer. Spray with cooking spray.
- Cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Pull the basket open and give it a good shake to move the wonton wrappers around. Cook an additional 1 1/2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from the air fryer and sprinkle with salt.
- Repeat process until all wonton wrappers are cooked.
- Serving Size: 10 chips
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 562 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: wonton chips, fried wonton chips, easy air fryer recipes
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Perfectly Crispy Green Beans
- Air Fryer Roasted Carrots
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Zucchini Fries in the Air Fryer