A hearty, slow cooked, and flavor packed Paleo recipe, made with Beef Short Ribs and Balasmic Vinegar. This dish totally delivers on taste!
Alright folks, you are in for more Paleo Recipe Madness or should I say goodness. 🙂
In this case, it is definitely goodness, because let me tell you. These Balsamic Braised Beef Short Ribs rock!
Have you ever tried one of those healthy frozen meals before? You know the weight watchers or lean cuisine type? Most of the time they are pretty good, but you can always tell that there is just some flavoring missing from the dish that just leaves you wanting more. Or saying, “it was ok”.
These Short Ribs are no where close to that. They are packed with flavor, starting from the spice rub that gets seared into the meat in the beginning. And ending in the sweet tomato balsamic sauce in the end. The best part is, no sugar. This dish is sweetened with whole dried dates. It is also super easy to make because after searing the short ribs you throw them into the crock pot and let the slow cooker do its magic.
Did I mention its Paleo? Yeah, definitely going to be making this one again. I ended up serving this along with the Honey Roasted Carrot recipe I posted the other day. It worked perfectly together! You don’t need rice or potatoes to fill the “space”, this dish is satisfying in and of itself!
To get started, in a small bowl mix together 2 tablespoon of course sea salt, 1 tablespoon of rosemary, 1 tablespoon of sage, 1 tablespoon of garlic powder, 1 tablespoon of onion powder, 1 tablespoon of paprika, and 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
Pat dry 2-3 lbs. of bone-in beef short ribs. Rub spice blend into both sides of the short ribs. Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to pan and sear the short ribs for 2-3 minutes per side or until slightly browned.
Put the short ribs in a slow cooker with a 15 oz. can of tomato sauce, 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar, 4 whole dried dates, and 6 cloves of garlic smashed.
Cook for 4-6 hours on low or until beef is tender. Serve with Honey Roasted Carrots.
- 2-3 lbs. of bone-in beef short ribs
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
- ½ cup of balsamic vinegar
- 4 whole dried dates
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tablespoon of course sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of dried sage
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together course sea salt, dried rosemary, dried sage, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and black pepper.
- Pat dry bone-in beef short ribs. Rub spice blend into both sides of the short ribs.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add coconut oil to pan and sear the short ribs for 2-3 minutes per side or until slightly browned.
- Put the short ribs in a slow cooker with a tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar, whole dried dates, and smashed garlic cloves.
- Cook for 4-6 hours on low or until beef is tender.
- Serve with Honey Roasted Carrots