These tender Crock Pot Balsamic Braised Beef Short Ribs are a hearty Paleo recipe! Made with juicy beef short ribs and balsamic vinegar, this dish totally delivers on taste! It’s a restaurant-quality dish made right at home in the slow cooker!
- 2–3 lbs. of bone-in beef short ribs
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 4 whole dried dates
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tablespoon of course sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of dried sage
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together course sea salt, dried rosemary, dried sage, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and black pepper.
- Pat dry bone-in beef short ribs. Rub spice blend into both sides of the short ribs.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add coconut oil to pan and sear the short ribs for 2-3 minutes per side or until slightly browned.
- Put the short ribs in a slow cooker with a tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar, whole dried dates, and smashed garlic cloves.
- Cook for 4-6 hours on low or until beef is tender.
- Serve over my Cauliflower Mash or Parsnip Puree.
Recipe from Practical Paleo
- Serving Size: 1.5 short ribs
- Calories: 344
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 461 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 26 g
- Cholesterol: 75 mg
Keywords: braised short ribs, braised beef short ribs, crock pot braised short ribs, beef short ribs recipe