- 2–3 lbs. of bone-in beef short ribs
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 4 whole dried dates
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tablespoon of course sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of dried sage
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together course sea salt, dried rosemary, dried sage, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and black pepper.
- Pat dry bone-in beef short ribs. Rub spice blend into both sides of the short ribs.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add coconut oil to pan and sear the short ribs for 2-3 minutes per side or until slightly browned.
- Put the short ribs in a slow cooker with a tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar, whole dried dates, and smashed garlic cloves.
- Cook for 4-6 hours on low or until beef is tender.
- Serve with Honey Roasted Carrots
Recipe from Practical Paleo