A Light & Easy Cranberry Chicken Salad Recipe that comes together in 15 minutes.
A LIGHT & EASY CRANBERRY CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE that takes 15 minutes to make, high in protein and gluten free! This healthy Chicken Salad is made with yogurt, dijon mustard, herbs, and fresh lemon then tossed with pecans and cranberries. Perfect for a quick lunch!
Last week I was finally able to get back into the kitchen creating recipes for my site and it felt great!
- Because I had a list of four recipes I wanted to make and, I DID it! I made and photographed each one.
- I was able to create some content for my site, which has been stressing me out lately.
- All of the recipes came out amazing. (momma’s still got it… insert dramatic hair flip)
I even was able to get Maddie to try a few of them. 🙂 Which is a HUGE accomplishment. Girlfriend is all about her baby puffs lately! (eye roll) But after she took a couple bites she was hooked and wanted to stay in the kitchen to help mommy and to feast on food.
In fact, this Cranberry Chicken Salad was her favorite. She kept giving me her “more” hand language sign after I’d give her some chicken.
Can I be honest before we dive into the recipe?
I have a serious fear of my babies choking. So I’ve delayed giving both of my kiddos “bigger chucks” of cooked foods for a while just because I’m nervous about the choking hazard. I tell you this because I was so proud of myself. She was eating this chicken salad and banana chunks! 🙂 Whew!
I feel like I’m growing up with her. haha.
Alright, enough of that. Moving on to this amazing 15 MINUTE LIGHT & EASY CRANBERRY CHICKEN SALAD. It’s a mouth full to say but so worth it.
How do you make chicken salad?
- Cook your chicken: boil it, saute it, grill it or buy rotisserie chicken.
- Shred or cube your chicken.
- Place prepared chicken in a large bowl with green onions, pecans, fruit of your choice (cranberries or grapes) and celery.
- In a small bowl add yogurt, dijon mustard, fresh herbs, smoked paprika, garlic and lemon juice. Mix together.
- Pour yogurt mixture over chicken and toss to coat the chicken with the sauce until all the ingredients are combined.
Can you make Chicken Salad without mayo?
There are plenty of other options to use in place of mayonnaise.
Today I did a combo of yogurt and dijon mustard. What I love about this yogurt sauce is the tang you get from the yogurt and the mustard. The herbs balance it out and the smoked paprika gives the sauce a nice smoky flavor. You’re going to love it!
This easy cranberry chicken salad recipe is made with pecans, celery and green onions then served on fresh apple slices. You’ll love the bread less option.
Now, if you’re on a low carb diet, you might want to serve it in lettuce cups because apples do tend to have quite a bit of carbs. (good carbs, but carbs none the less)
Or, you could just eat it plain. There are 26 grams of protein per serving so it’s a great protein burst and low carb if you eat it by itself.
I love how easy this chicken salad is to whip together … ahem 15 minutes people and it’s a great meal prep lunch for the week.
Bon Appetit friends!
A LIGHT & EASY CRANBERRY CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE that takes 15 minutes to make, high in protein and gluten free!
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked & shredded
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt (I used siggis)
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dry sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 apples, thinly sliced
- To a small bowl, add plain yogurt, dijon mustard, garlic clove, sage, thyme, smoked paprika and lemon juice. Stir together until combined. Set aside.
- To a large bowl add shredded chicken, celery, pecans, green onion and cranberries. Pour the yogurt sauce over and mix everything together.
- Top each slice of apple with 2 tablespoons of chicken salad.
*** nutritional information includes the apples. If you omit apples the calculations will be different.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup chicken salad + 4 apple slices
- Calories: 328
- Sugar: 18 g
- Sodium: 362 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 26 g
- Cholesterol: 84 mg
Keywords: cranberry chicken salad, chicken salad recipe, easy chicken salad, how to make chicken salad, best chicken salad recipe, 30 minute meal, healthy lunch ideas, kid friendly recipes, gluten free recipes,