A LIGHT & EASY CRANBERRY CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE that takes 15 minutes to make, high in protein and gluten free!
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked & shredded
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt (I used siggis)
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dry sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 apples, thinly sliced
- To a small bowl, add plain yogurt, dijon mustard, garlic clove, sage, thyme, smoked paprika and lemon juice. Stir together until combined. Set aside.
- To a large bowl add shredded chicken, celery, pecans, green onion and cranberries. Pour the yogurt sauce over and mix everything together.
- Top each slice of apple with 2 tablespoons of chicken salad.
*** nutritional information includes the apples. If you omit apples the calculations will be different.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup chicken salad + 4 apple slices
- Calories: 328
- Sugar: 18 g
- Sodium: 362 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 26 g
- Cholesterol: 84 mg
Keywords: cranberry chicken salad, chicken salad recipe, easy chicken salad, how to make chicken salad, best chicken salad recipe, 30 minute meal, healthy lunch ideas, kid friendly recipes, gluten free recipes,