CRISPY GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN WINGS – baked instead of fried but these classic chicken wings are still as crispy and delicious as ever! The perfect party appetizer or game day treat!
CRISPY GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN WINGS – baked instead of fried but these classic chicken wings are still as crispy and delicious as ever and loaded with a mouthwatering garlic parmesan sauce!
I hope everyone had an memorable Christmas with friends and family!
I’m not sure what traditions you guys have. But for Christmas my family usually celebrates on Christmas Eve. We go to Christmas Eve service together, and this year Mike and I were angels in a Live Nativity scene (animals included). After service we usually have dinner together, open gifts and indulge on some cookies.
Christmas Day we wake up to little man jumping on our bed and wanting to see what presents Santa has for him. We rush out in our PJ’s and he tears through the wrapping paper. After he opens his gifts we make Crepes and then the rest of the day is for relaxing, playing with our toys, enjoying family, and watching movies.
It’s so much fun. I love being able to make our OWN traditions! It’s something to look forward to every year!
What do you guys do for Christmas?
Any traditions, or do you just kinda do your own thing?
So, on another note, I have a secret to tell you.
Well … maybe it’s not a secret because I have told you once or twice before on here. The secret is, I kinda have a love affair with Chicken Wings.
Wings and Beer to be exact. Maybe that’s part of the reason my husband married me? A girl who likes Beer, Wings, and Football! Yup, kind of rare jewel. 🙂
Just like these Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings!
Usually when Mike and I get wings for dinner we call out and pick it up. But after trying to replicate my favorite wings from Wings & More, I might just start making them at home. These may just be the BEST Wings I’ve made so far! And I’ve made quite a few, including an Asian Wing with a Raspberry Hoisin Glaze.
After many tries, I think I have the key to making crispy wings without frying them. What is it? Putting them under the Broiler after they’ve baked for a while! Ya’ll, they turn out perfectly brown and crispy and the inside is still moist and tender! It’s seriously amazing!
But the best part of these Wings is the sauce! It’s light, easy to make, filled with garlic flavor and the coats these crispy wings perfectly! Believe me .. you’ll be in Chicken Wing heaven with these bad boys in your hands.
These Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings would be great for your next party … ahem New Years Eve. I mean who wouldn’t want to have a garlic breathe kiss when the ball drops. That is TRUE love! They would definitely be PERFECT for your Super Bowl Party! Either way these need to be on some party menu because they are going to be a party FAVORITE! There’s no shame in your “finger licking” game after trying these … in fact … it’s encouraged!
Bon Appetit friends!
ITEMS I USED TO CREATE THIS RECIPE: (some of these links are affiliate links)
- NonStick Baking Sheet – baking sheets are a must for this recipe but make sure to cover them with parchment paper too so you don’t end up with a mess!
- Stainless Steel Wire Rack – using the wire rack helps make sure the chicken cooks on both sides instead of sticking to the bottom of the pan
- Stainless Steel Small Sauce Pan
- 2 lbs. of chicken (mixture of wings and drumettes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Add chicken to a large bowl. Pat chicken dry.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of sea salt, and 1 teaspoon of black pepper. Gently toss to coat all the chicken.
- Place chicken on a wire rack lined baking sheet. (if you don't have a wire rack, use parchment paper)
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping the chicken after 20 minutes.
- Turn the Broiler on to HIGH.
- Place chicken under broiler for 8-10 minutes, until browned.
- In the meantime, heat a medium sauce pan to medium heat. Add butter and 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan. Melt the butter down.
- Once butter is melted add the garlic to the pan. Let cook in the liquid for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Next add in 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, & pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Let the sauce cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven. Place in a large bowl, pour the garlic parmesan sauce over the chicken wings. Using a pair of tongs, toss the wings to coat all of them with the sauce.
- Serve. Top the wings with an additional 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
- Optional: add chopped chives for garnish.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!