Start off your weekend with the perfect fall breakfast! Fluffy Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes served with homemade Candied Bacon that will make you swoon! It’s the ultimate salty sweet perfection!
PUMPKIN + PANCAKES!
Sounds like the perfect combo to me! What do you think?
Homemade Pancakes haven’t always come naturally to me! When we first got married one of Mike’s favorite pancakes was the Hungry Jack pancake mix. So that’s what I use to buy. I never really made them from scratch.
Now, before I just throwing Mike under the box for liking “boxed” pancake mix. I liked it too. The flavor was always good, they were always fluffy and it was easy. Plus, I never grew up making pancakes. My mom would just get the boxed mix or even the frozen premade pancakes that you would throw in the toaster or oven to warm up.
Now that I’ve been blogging for a while. I figure it’s time I learn how to make a pancake from scratch. Sounds logical right? Should be simple.
For whatever reason it freaks me out. It’s kinda like baking to me. It has to be exact or the cake doesn’t rise! Same thing with pancakes. No body likes a flat pancake, it’s all about the fluff that makes a pancake so delicious!
Well folks. I think I perfected at least the pumpkin pancake! Which is a feat because pumpkin puree can be tricky in baking recipes!
These Pumpkin Pancakes are made with white whole wheat flour, have the perfect amount of warm spices that compliment the pumpkin, are easy to whip up, and turn out so fluffy!
No only are these pancakes ridiculously yummy and taste like “fall” in a bite! But with the candied bacon served along side it gives it the perfect ratio of salty and sweet! You HAVE to make sure that you get both the pancake, the syrup, and the bacon in one bite!
It’s like a pumpkin bacon heavenly explosion in your mouth! These pancakes are what fall breakfast dreams are made of!
So this weekend instead of making scrambled eggs or going out for donuts … stay home, put an apron on the kiddos and whip up these pancakes. I guarantee it will be the highlight of your weekend!
Bon Appetit friends!
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 strips of bacon
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1½ cup 2% milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place the bacon on a wire racked on top of a tin foil lined baking sheet. Brush maple syrup on the top side of the bacon. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bacon from the oven, flip and repeat the process. Bacon an additional 10 minutes or until it is as crispy as you like it. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add white whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, ground allspice, ground nutmeg, and ground cloves. Stir with a whisk.
- In a medium bowl, add a egg, vanilla extract, coconut oil, milk, and pumpkin puree. Using a whisk, mix until combined and smooth.
- Add wet mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until the batter is smooth.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add ⅔ cup of batter to the skillet (you may have to spread it out to form a circle) and cook for 3-4 minutes per side. Repeat process until all the pancakes are done.
- Serve with candied bacon and syrup!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!