These fluffy Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes are served with homemade candied bacon that will make you swoon! There’s nothing better than an easy pancake breakfast that combines warm pumpkin spice flavors with sweet and salty strips of crispy bacon.
For the Candied Bacon
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 strips of bacon
For the Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
Make the Candied Bacon
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place the bacon on a wire racked on top of a tin foil lined baking sheet. Brush maple syrup on the top side of the bacon. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bacon from the oven, flip and repeat the process. Bacon an additional 10 minutes or until it is as crispy as you like it. Set aside.
Make the Pumpkin Pancakes
- In a large bowl, add white whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, ground allspice, ground nutmeg, and ground cloves. Stir with a whisk.
- In a medium bowl, add a egg, vanilla extract, coconut oil, milk, and pumpkin puree. Using a whisk, mix until combined and smooth.
- Add wet mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until the batter is smooth.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add 2/3 cup of batter to the skillet (you may have to spread it out to form a circle) and cook for 3-4 minutes per side. Repeat process until all the pancakes are done.
- Serve with candied bacon and syrup!
Makes 10-12 pancakes.
Keywords: pumpkin pancakes, whole wheat pancakes, healthy pancakes