- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 strips of bacon
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place the bacon on a wire racked on top of a tin foil lined baking sheet. Brush maple syrup on the top side of the bacon. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bacon from the oven, flip and repeat the process. Bacon an additional 10 minutes or until it is as crispy as you like it. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add white whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, ground allspice, ground nutmeg, and ground cloves. Stir with a whisk.
- In a medium bowl, add a egg, vanilla extract, coconut oil, milk, and pumpkin puree. Using a whisk, mix until combined and smooth.
- Add wet mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until the batter is smooth.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add 2/3 cup of batter to the skillet (you may have to spread it out to form a circle) and cook for 3-4 minutes per side. Repeat process until all the pancakes are done.
- Serve with candied bacon and syrup!