This vegan cookie dough will satisfy your sweet tooth & is healthy too! Peanut butter & chocolate chip vegan cookie dough made in the blender in only 5 minutes. One of my favorite vegan desserts!
This peanut butter chocolate chip vegan cookie dough is a healthy, eggless, no bake vegan dessert to satisfy that sweet tooth!
Sweets! Y’all. I feel like I’m still detoxing from all the Christmas Cookies I inhaled a couple weeks ago. Anyone else with me?
Sugar is seriously like a drug. Once you have a bit, you start craving it and you really do go through a “withdrawl” from it.
Today I’m replacing all those cookies with this healthy eggless Vegan Chickpea Cookie Dough.
Honestly, I’d heard about making cookie dough with chickpeas for a while. But I wasn’t so sure about it. I’ve made brownies with pumpkin, avocado, and black beans before but never cookie dough with chickpeas.
It’s a game changer! I actually just bought two more cans of chickpeas today so I could make more to have this on hand at night. All I really need is like a spoonful or so and I’m satisfied.
Now before you get all judgy about the chickpeas, honestly you can’t taste them. The cookie dough definitely isn’t as sweet as normal, but you’re not making this to be hit with a “sugar coma.” You’re making it to satisfy that sweet tooth without all the sugar and calories! Right?
I highly recommend draining the chickpeas and placing them in a paper towel. Then, using another paper towel, gently rub the top of the chickpeas so some of the outer skins come off. Pick out the skins and toss them. It might seem tedious but it makes a huge difference in the texture so you don’t have as many skins in the cookie dough, you don’t need to get all of them just enough to make a difference. This process makes the cookie dough smoother.
Adding the chia seeds actually soaks up some of the liquid from the chickpeas and creates more of a true cookie dough texture.
I’m officially addicted to this stuff and so is Cason. My 5 year old was all about taking spoonfuls of this cookie dough for his after school snack and I don’t blame him. It’s delicious!
It has all my favorites, chocolate and peanut butter. What more do you need?
So if you’re looking for a healthy dessert option to satisfy that sweet tooth this Vegan Chickpea Cookie Dough is it!
It’s sweet, healthy, takes 5 minutes to make in a blender, filled with protein and fiber. But most importantly is delicious!
Bon Appetit friends!
Some of my other favorite Vegan Desserts:
- Easy No Bake Almond Snowball Cookies
- Almond Butter Vegan Brownies
- Vegan Almond Butter Cups
- Healthy No Bake Almond Joy Bars
- Flourless Lemon Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
* This post does contain affiliate links, I use these links because I value the products and believe in them 100% and would like to share that with you! Thank you for supporting Joyful Healthy Eats. **Print
This vegan cookie dough will satisfy your sweet tooth & is healthy too! Peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough made in only 5 min. An easy vegan dessert!
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 1/3 cup 60% cacao chocolate chips or cocoa nibs
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Place in a paper towel, dry off. If some of the skins start to come off peel them off and discard. (this will help the cookie dough not be as gritty)
- Add chickpeas, peanut butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup and cinnamon to a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add the ground chia seeds to the food processor. (to grind chia seeds add them to a coffee bean grinder or a mortar and pestle) Blend until everything is combined.
- Add chickpea cookie dough mixture to a small bowl. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately.
- *** Can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. ***
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 244
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 57 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: easy vegan dessert recipe, cookie dough dessert recipe, vegan cookie dough, how to make vegan cookie dough, vegan desserts, vegan dessert recipes, chickpea dessert
Do you Want More Healthy Dessert Recipes?