This Nutella Strawberry Parfait is an easy & healthy dessert filled with fresh strawberries, drizzled with Nutella topped with coconut whipped cream. The perfect Valentines Day dessert!
Nutella Strawberry Parfait with Coconut Whipped Cream
Guys … Valentine’s Day is just around the corner!
Do you know what that means?
CHOCOLATE! Lots and lots of chocolate. I get a giddy smile just thinking about it!
Whoever came up with this holiday is a genius. It gives women an excuse to eat all the chocolate they want, to receive flowers and lots of lovin.
Let’s be honest, this holiday is not about the man. It’s about the women. Muahahahaha!
Maybe that’s why they have it after Super Bowl Sunday. Super bowl Sunday is for the boys and then they (whoever “they” are) follow it up with a day for the ladies! Genius!
Do you guys have any traditions for Valentine’s Day? Do you even celebrate Valentine’s Day or do you just treat it like any other day?
When Mike and I first got married I thought it was super important. We needed to go out to dinner, get each other gifts, flower pedals all over the floor at home… the whole deal. But as the years went by the gifts went away and dinners still happened but sometimes they’d be at home.
I think the heart behind the holiday is to remind us to pour into those we love. However you choose to do it.
Last year we bought a HUGE, and I mean HUGE 2″ thick Ribeye that we seared and then finished in the oven. Then we poured glasses of wine and made Risotto together to go with our Steak. We finished it off with a Nutella Chocolate Lava Cake with Muddled Champagne Raspberries.
It was probably one of my favorite nights, because I am a quality time person. The entire night was just hanging out with my husband (after we put little man down) and doing what I love. Cooking! BEST night Eva!!!
A good dessert to me HAS to have chocolate in it. Especially on Valentine’s Day, no if’s and’s or but’s about it! It’s a mandatory ingredient! Which is why these Nutella Strawberry Parfaits are perfection!
Nutella … ya’ll this is another one of my love languages. Those nights when I’m craving something sweet, I’ll run downstairs and grab a spoonful of Nutella. Sugar fix solved. 🙂
What I love about this dessert is how stinkin easy it is to make, it’s just fresh sliced Strawberries, a drizzle of Nutella, and a dollop of Whipped Cream. And it’s only 223 calories! The only “work” you have to do is make the Coconut Whipped Cream. That’s it. This dessert is absolutely divine and totally screams Valentine’s Day to me!
Bon Appetit my friends! I hope you have a wonderful weekend, enjoy those Super Bowl parties. 🙂
Nutella Strawberry Parfait is a healthy dessert filled with fresh strawberries, drizzled with Nutella topped with homemade coconut whipped cream.
- 4 cups of sliced strawberries
- 4 tablespoons of nutella, melted
Coconut Whipped Cream:
- 13.5 oz. can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons honey
- garnish: chopped hazelnuts, shaved chocolate, fresh mint
For Coconut Whipped Cream:
- Place can of coconut milk in refrigerator overnight.
- The next day gently remove can from refrigerator so as not to mix the cream and milk.
- Place a medium glass bowl in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes prior to making whipped cream to chill.
- Gently scoop the cream portion out of the can and place in a chilled glass bowl.
- Add honey and vanilla extract to coconut milk. Using a hand mixer, beat the milk on high until it has soft peaks. About 2-3 minutes.
- Place back in refrigerator.
- To 4 medium serving bowls, add 1 cup of strawberries. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of nutella. Finish with a dollop of coconut whipped cream.
- Optional: garnish with chopped hazelnuts and shaved chocolate.
- Serving Size: 1 parfait
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 19 g
- Sodium: 29 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: strawberry parfait, no cook strawberry dessert, easy strawberry dessert, healthy dessert ideas, nutella dessert idea, coconut whipped cream
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Valentines Day Recipes?