Smoky Bacon Sweet Potato Hash & Eggs – a great 30 minute recipe that’s paleo & gluten free! I guarantee you’ll want to devour it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
Sometimes “adulting” is hard.
I mean think about it. You have to wake up … intentionally … every day, start the morning with a cup of coffee, workout so your body doesn’t go to (you know where), some people head to work for 8+ hours, or others are at home taking care of little ones and forced to repeat the same thing over and over gain, make dinner, go to bed and do the same thing all over again the next day.
Somedays I wish all I had to do was sit on the beach, with a drink in my hand, watching the waves crash on the shore.
But then I’m brought back to reality… and you know what. I’m okay with my reality. I’m sitting at my office desk right now looking at the pictures of my handsome husband and sweet little boy. In almost every picture he has a HUGE beaming smile with the cutest dimples that’ll make you melt. So much joy, innocence, and love of life in those eyes! I hope that never changes.
So if my “adulting” days look like I’m a hot mess most of the time, covered in dried up yogurt, sharpie markers, and cheese stuck in my hair. I’m ok with that, because this little family I have makes it all worth while. 🙂
Something else that makes everything “worthwhile.” Breakfast … Everyday … for every meal!
Breakfast is probably one of my favorite meals of the day and is also the ONLY meal that can be eaten for all three meals. Now that’s saying something!
If you don’t know yet, you’re gonna know now. I adore Smoked Paprika. If you were to ask me what are some of the staple spices I have in my pantry, Smoked Paprika would be one of the first ones I say. It’s different that regular paprika, it has this rich deep smoky note to it that is absolutely irresistible. It adds so much flavor to a dish just by adding a teaspoon.
So when I was putting this Sweet Potato Hash together I knew I wanted a few ingredients, Smoked Paprika, runny eggs, avocado, and BACON.
What about this dish does NOT sound delicious to you!?
Bacon and Avocado people … make it!
This Smoky Bacon Sweet Potato Hash & Eggs is made all in one skillet and finished in 30 minutes!
The flavors bursting out of this dish are absolutely incredible, you’ll feel like you’re in breakfast heaven .. and the best part is it’s only 209 calories a serving with 10 grams of protein!
This will motivate any non morning person to wake up … I know because I am one!
Bon Appetit my friends!
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 1 egg + 1 cup hash
- Calories: 209
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 623 mg
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 192 mg
- 4 strips of smoked bacon, diced
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced (about 4-5 cups)
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 eggs
- 2 avocados, sliced
- chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- To a large skillet add diced bacon. Cook until crispy, about 5 minutes, stirring throughout. Remove
- the bacon and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Add sweet potatoes to the skillet. Let cook for 5-7 minutes until they start to brown.
- Next add in the red onion, red pepper, smoked paprika, and salt. Stir to combine and saute for 3-5 minutes until veggies start to get tender.
- Add the bacon back to the pan, stir and place skillet in oven.
- Bake potato hash for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Create 6 wells in the potato mixture and add an egg to each well. Place skillet back in the oven and cook until eggs are your desired doneness. (I cooked mine for 5-7 minutes)
- Remove from oven, add sliced avocado and diced chives. Serve.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!