Want to work more protein into your diet? This quick & easy High Protein Blueberry Kale Smoothie Recipe is definitely a keeper. It’s a fruity delicious drink that’s full of fiber, antioxidants and more! Fuel your body with the energy and nutrients it needs.
Table of Contents
An Easy 5 Minute Kale Smoothie Recipe
This refreshing smoothie is packed with blueberries, kale and bananas for an ultra healthy breakfast or snack. It’s a vegan and dairy-free treat that’s high in fiber and low in calories. Plus, you can throw it together in 5 minutes and adjust the thickness to your liking with ease.
This smoothie recipe makes one serving, but it can easily be doubled or tripled to serve more people. I love garnishing my smoothies with mint leaves and fresh blueberries. They look so beautiful and taste even better!
This Healthy Smoothie is High Protein!
If you want to work more protein into your diet, this recipe is definitely a keeper. It uses a whole scoop of your favorite vanilla protein powder! And thanks to the other ingredients in this drink, you can say goodbye to chalky protein smoothies. This one is smooth and creamy as can be.
Protein is super important for your body – it builds muscle, boosts metabolism and lowers blood pressure, among other health benefits. Power up your body, feel comfortably full and curb unwanted cravings with this homemade kale smoothie!
What Are The Health Benefits of Blueberries and Kale?
In addition to the protein, blueberries and kale add a ton of benefits to this beverage. They are both loaded with antioxidants, which protect your body’s cells and reduce the risk of illnesses like heart disease. They also make up a good portion of the fiber in this smoothie. Kale and blueberries are low in calories and high in vitamins and nutrients. What more could you ask for?
These two superfoods balance each other out perfectly. The blueberries are the smoothie’s sweet and fruity element, and the kale keeps it from tasting too sweet. If you don’t like kale but want the benefits of eating it, make this smoothie. All you’ll taste is blueberry bliss!
You only need seven simple ingredients make this yummy kale smoothie. It couldn’t be simpler!
- Banana: You’ll need half a banana for one serving of this protein smoothie.
- Frozen Blueberries: You could technically use fresh berries instead, but I find that frozen ones give the smoothie a better texture. Plus I like my smoothies to be cold and frozen fruit definitely helps with that.
- Fresh Kale: If you’re not a fan of kale, add it anyway! You really can’t taste it in this drink, and the health benefits are well worth it.
- Almond Milk: Make sure your almond milk is plain and unsweetened.
- Water: Half a cup of water will keep your smoothie from being too thick.
- Ice Cubes: It’s hard to make a cold and refreshing smoothie without adding ice! In addition to the frozen berries, these ice cubes help keep this smoothie on the chill side.
- Vanilla Protein Powder: Last but certainly not least, you’ll need your trusty protein powder. Use your favorite brand.
What is the Best Kind of Kale to Use?
Baby kale is definitely what you want to reach for when making this kale smoothie. It has a milder flavor and a more tender texture than mature kale. This makes it easier to blend and harder to taste in the smoothie!
How to Make a Blueberry Kale Smoothie
This smoothie is probably the easiest breakfast recipe of all time. All you have to do is blend your ingredients!
- Blend Ingredients: Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve: Garnish with mint leaves and blueberries, if desired, and enjoy!
Tips for Success
Despite how easy this protein smoothie is, it doesn’t hurt to have some extra tips. You can easily adjust your kale smoothie until it’s just how you like it!
How to Make Your Smoothie Creamy
To ensure your smoothie is nice and creamy, be sure to blend it well. If there are any large stems attached to your kale, remove them. To make this smoothie even more creamy than it already is, add a spoonful or two of Greek yogurt. This will also make it even more rich in protein!
Adjusting the Thickness
It’s super easy to change the thickness of your blueberry kale smoothie. If you want to thin it out, just blend in some additional ice cubes or water. If you find that it’s too runny, add more blueberries.
What Goes with a Kale Smoothie?
This kale smoothie tastes wonderful on its own, but it’s also easy to pair with other dishes if you want something more substantial. These are my top serving suggestions!
- Eggs: My Easy Sweet Potato Hash Baked Egg Cups are a light and satisfying breakfast option that goes great with this smoothie. You can cook them up in 20 minutes or make them ahead of time for a grab-and-go bite.
- Breakfast Bread: Lemon and blueberries are a heck of a combo, which is why I love enjoying this smoothie with a slice of Whole Wheat Lemon Poppyseed Bread. So tasty!
- Granola: Why not make this drink into a smoothie bowl? All you need is a few scoops of this amazing Coconut Blueberry Pecan Granola. It’s like they were made for each other!
More Smoothie Recipes
Want more mouth-watering smoothie recipes? Check these out!
- This Creamy Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is another healthy breakfast shake that’s rich in protein. It’s made with flax and chia seeds, and it’s 100% dairy-free.
- Bring the beach home with you by serving up a Tropical Mango Smoothie! It’s wonderfully fruity and so easy to make.
This quick, easy and healthy protein shake is fruity and delicious! Fuel your body with energy and nutrients by enjoying a High Protein Blueberry Kale Smoothie.
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh kale
- 1/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup ice cubes
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 277
- Sugar: 19 g
- Sodium: 370 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 23 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: protein smoothie recipes, kale smoothie, blueberry smoothie, protein shake recipes, best protein shake, healthy smoothie, easy smoothie recipe