Sweet Potato Hash Baked Egg Cups are a delicious make-ahead recipe that’s light and easy to make. These Egg Cups are perfect for brunch, breakfast or lunch.
Easy and Healthy Breakfast Egg Cups
When Maddie was first born, a friend of mine brought some Prosciutto Egg Cups over. They were absolutely delicious and super filling. I knew right then that I had to remake them! And I did, but I amped them up a bit of sautéed veggies.
And you loved them too!
So much so that I decided to make you another variation. Ahem… let me introduce these Light & Easy Sweet Potato Hash Baked Egg Cups!
Truth be told, these Egg Cups are actually easier than the Prosciutto ones I’ve previously made.
There’s no other cooking needed for these. All you do is grate the sweet potatoes, place them in a muffin tin, crack an egg in and bake. Voila!
Each egg cup is 129 calories with a whooping 7 grams of protein!
How to Make Baked Egg Cups:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add grated sweet potatoes to the bottom of each muffin tin.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Crack an egg into each sweet potato hash stuffed muffin tin.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes for a runny yolk or 13 minutes for a set yolk.
How to Store Baked Egg Cups:
Let baked egg cups cool. Store egg cups in an air tight container for up to one week in the refrigerator.
Can Baked Egg Cups Be Frozen?
Once cooled, place baked egg cups in a freezer safe storage bag. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat place in microwave for 60 seconds.
How Long Do Baked Egg Cups Last?
The baked egg cups will last in the refrigerator for one week and in the freezer for up to 3 months if store properly.
These Sweet Potato Hash Baked Egg Cups are a hearty meal prep recipe that’s perfect for breakfast or lunch.
If you’ve been watching my instagram stories you’ve probably seen a couple of shots of these. I’ve been eating them for lunch topped with homemade salsa, some avocado and fresh berries. I guarantee these egg cups will be a winner!
Just make sure to pay attention to the baking instructions to ensure you get the perfect yolk … whether you want runny or set.
Bon Appetit friends!
Light & Easy Sweet Potato Hash Baked Egg Cups
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 egg cups 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Sweet Potato Hash Baked Egg Cups a delicious make-ahead recipe that’s light and easy to make. These Egg Cups are perfect for brunch, breakfast or lunch.
- 3 cups grated sweet potatoes (about 1 – 1.5 sweet potatoes)
- 1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme
- salt to season
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced chives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- To a large bowl add sweet potatoes, smoked paprika, thyme and salt. Using your hands mix to toss everything.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Fill each muffin tin with grated sweet potatoes and press down. (this will be your sweet potato crust)
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove muffin tin from oven.
- Crack an egg in each muffin tin over the sweet potato crust.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper. (basically a pinch for each egg cup)
- Bake until your preferred doneness. Bake 10 minutes for a runny yolk or 13 minutes for a more set yolk.
- Remove from oven.
- Using a knife, gently go around the edges and remove egg cups from mold.
- Garnish with chives.
- Eat immediately or store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
** FAST HINT: Add whole sweet potatoes to a food processor and grate using the grater attachment. Will go so much faster.
- Serving Size: 1 egg cup
- Calories: 129
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 108 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 186 mg
Keywords: baked egg cups, egg cups, sweet potato hash, gluten free recipes, vegetarian recipes, healthy breakfast recipes, easy breakfast ideas, healthy egg recipes, how to make egg cups, best egg cup recipes, hash brown egg cups
Want More Healthy Egg Recipes?
Egg White Vegetable Breakfast Casserole
Bacon Baked Eggs in an Avocado
Healthy Freezer Bacon & Egg Breakfast Burritos
Love these! Can’t wait to try them! Oh yum! These are gorgeous!
I love how easy these are and the fact that I can freeze them!!! TOTAL WIN!
These would be perfect for a busy weekday morning! I am getting sick of the same frittatas I make every week so its time for a change.
LOVE the sweet potato crust! Definitely making these soon!
What a wonderful way to start the weekend! These cups will be perfect for our weekend brunches!
Love everything about this! Great breakfast to make for the family!