Sweet Potato Hash Baked Egg Cups a delicious make-ahead recipe that’s light and easy to make. These Egg Cups are perfect for brunch, breakfast or lunch.
- 3 cups grated sweet potatoes (about 1 – 1.5 sweet potatoes)
- 1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme
- salt to season
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced chives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- To a large bowl add sweet potatoes, smoked paprika, thyme and salt. Using your hands mix to toss everything.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Fill each muffin tin with grated sweet potatoes and press down. (this will be your sweet potato crust)
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove muffin tin from oven.
- Crack an egg in each muffin tin over the sweet potato crust.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper. (basically a pinch for each egg cup)
- Bake until your preferred doneness. Bake 10 minutes for a runny yolk or 13 minutes for a more set yolk.
- Remove from oven.
- Using a knife, gently go around the edges and remove egg cups from mold.
- Garnish with chives.
- Eat immediately or store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
** FAST HINT: Add whole sweet potatoes to a food processor and grate using the grater attachment. Will go so much faster.
- Serving Size: 1 egg cup
- Calories: 129
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 108 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 186 mg
Keywords: baked egg cups, egg cups, sweet potato hash, gluten free recipes, vegetarian recipes, healthy breakfast recipes, easy breakfast ideas, healthy egg recipes, how to make egg cups, best egg cup recipes