Healthy Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Tostadas are a delicious breakfast option that are high in protein and fiber with only 292 calories a serving!
Healthy Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Tostadas topped with creamy avocado and pickled onions. These breakfast tostadas are a delicious breakfast option that are high in protein and fiber with only 292 calories a serving!
Newborn photos have come a long way guys. When we had Cason five years ago, they had some cool stuff out on Pinterest then. And I absolutely loved the photos I have of him. But now, photoshop has changed the game.
Or at least I hope some of the photos I’ve looked at are photoshopped.
If not, people are putting their babies in some serious danger! I saw pictures of babies wrapped in muslin blankets sitting on top of a dead log up in the air. Babies stuffed inside almost falling over cowboy boots. Babies laying down on chairs where they could easily fall off.
I was having a mild panic attack looking at some of the photos. People! Let’s focus on the safety of the baby over the photo. And please please tell me that the one of the baby on the dead tree log is photoshopped!
If you follow me on instagram you would have seen some of the sneak peak photos I got of Madison’s newborn photo shoot. Y’all, it was absolutely precious. First off, I was so impressed with our photographer. She has one awesome setup. No only did she has a slew of props to pick from but she was so efficient in how she photographed everything. Even in the midst of the accidental peeing and pooping on props. (they are naked babies and they go to the bathroom) Plus everything she did was so cute, I seriously could not resist not snapping a few photos with my phone. 🙂 I can’t wait to show you the goods!
Ok, moving on to todays recipe.
Have you ever had Huevos Rancheros before?
I hadn’t for the longest time and then finally a friend of mine had me try them. Y’all they’re delicious!
Today’s recipe is my healthier take on Huevos Rancheros and you are gonna want to try it!
The good news is these couldn’t be easier to make!
All it is is toasted corn tortilla, pureed black beans with a little added spice, a fried egg, avocado and pickled onions.
WARNING: DO NOT MISS OUT ON THE PICKLED ONIONS.
In my opinion, the pickled onions 100% take these Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Tostadas over the top.
I’d probably make these for breakfast every day if I could. They have an incredible flavor profile. The day my mom and I made these we had them for lunch and both devoured ’em!
The good news is they are high in fiber and protein so it’s a great start to a morning and are under 300 calories a serving.
If you’re looking for a change up to your breakfast game these Breakfast Tostadas are a strong contender! I hope you give them a try.
Bon Appetit friends!
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 1 tostada
- Calories: 292
- Fat: 16 g
- Saturated fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 198 mg
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 191 mg
- 1 can low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 white corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 4 eggs, cooked to desired doneness
- ¼ cup crumbled queso fresco
- avocado, sliced
- optional: pickled red onions (strongly suggest)
- Make the pickled onions ahead of time. (this is optional but I think the pickled onions totally make the dish!! I strongly encourage you to make them)
- To a small food processor add drained and rinsed black beans, garlic powder, cumin, and smoked paprika. Blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Preheat broiler to HIGH.
- Place white corn tortillas on a baking sheet.
- Place in oven under broiler for 2 minutes (until browned), flip the tortillas and brown the other side for another 2-3 minutes. You want the tortillas to be browned and crunchy.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add grape seed oil to the pan. Crack four eggs in different locations on the pan and cook to desired doneness. I like mine over easy so I get that nice runny yolk.
- Assemble the tostadas: add 1-2 tablespoons of the black bean mixture to tortilla (spread it out) top with an egg, 1 tablespoon of crumbled queso fresco, 2 slices of avocado, fresh cilantro and pickled onions.
- Optional: you could also top with sriracha for a little heat
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Healthy Breakfast Recipes?