These healthy Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Tostadas make a delicious breakfast that’s high in protein and fiber with only 292 calories a serving! And they taste so good.
- 1 can low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 white corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 4 eggs, cooked to desired doneness
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- avocado, sliced
- optional: pickled red onions (strongly suggest)
- Make the pickled onions ahead of time. (this is optional but I think the pickled onions totally make the dish!! I strongly encourage you to make them)
- To a small food processor add drained and rinsed black beans, garlic powder, cumin, and smoked paprika. Blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Preheat broiler to HIGH.
- Place white corn tortillas on a baking sheet.
- Place in oven under broiler for 2 minutes (until browned), flip the tortillas and brown the other side for another 2-3 minutes. You want the tortillas to be browned and crunchy.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add grape seed oil to the pan. Crack four eggs in different locations on the pan and cook to desired doneness. I like mine over easy so I get that nice runny yolk.
- Assemble the tostadas: add 1-2 tablespoons of the black bean mixture to tortilla (spread it out) top with an egg, 1 tablespoon of crumbled queso fresco, 2 slices of avocado, fresh cilantro and pickled onions.
- Optional: you could also top with sriracha for a little heat
- Serving Size: 1 tostada
- Calories: 292
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 198 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 191 mg
Keywords: huevos rancheros recipe, how to make huevos rancheros, easy breakfast recipe, easy healthy breakfast recipe, healthy breakfast recipe, easy healthy breakfast, easy breakfast