Skinny Raspberry Mojito Cheesecake Bars filled with creamy cheesecake goodness, fresh mint and lime juice, then topped with a fresh raspberry compote – only 130 calories! Perfect for summer parties!
So I have a confession to make.
Well.. two actually.
When I am down in the dumps my remedy is … Cheesecake. If its bad, I will literally send the hubbie out to get me a cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. (he’s wonderful) As soon as I sit down with that sweet creamy treat everything is well with the world again. I know I know I’m a healthy food blogger – but you know what! Part of the reason I am able to eat healthy 80% of the time is because I allow myself to eat whatever I want that other 20%. Its a healthy balance people, not an all or nothing philosophy! 🙂
Ok, that was my first confession. Second is I am obsessed with berries. I could literally do the happy dance every time berry season comes around because that means my grocery bill goes down. We buy 2 pints of strawberries and pint of raspberries and/or blueberries every week!
At $4 a pop in off season its not the cheapest – so when berry season is here I am one happy momma and so is my bank account!
A couple of weeks ago on Facebook I asked you what your favorite berry was, a majority of you said Blackberries which I thought was interesting. Its not the main one everyone talks about … or the trinity – Raspberries, Strawberries, Blueberries. But hey, to each his own! 🙂
My favorite berry is hands down Raspberries. The container is never big enough, I could sit and eat an entire pint of raspberries in one sitting … and so could my son.
So that berry is what inspired the recipe for today.. that and my love for cheesecake! 🙂
These Skinny Raspberry Mojito Cheesecake Bars are only 130 calories per bar – to put that in perspective an apple is 95 calories so only 35 more! Moral of the story – eat these instead of an apple. No… not really.. but maybe!
These Cheesecake Bars are made with a base of graham cracker crust, coconut oil and fresh mint. Then topped with a skinny cheesecake filling made with cream cheese and greek yogurt mixed with loads of fresh lime juice and lime zest. And for the kicker this scrumptious dessert is topped of with my favorite, a fresh raspberry compote that makes the pretty swirl on top!
The combination of all these flavors is swoon worthy. It’s the perfect late night treat!
These Skinny Raspberry Mojito Cheesecake Bars would also be a great dessert to bring to the next party you go to – people will be thanking you! Just a warning, be sure to have the recipe on hand because I know people will want to know how to make it! 🙂 Cheers to Cheesecake!
I was compensated for the development of this recipe by Driscoll’s. All opinions are 100% mine. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Joyful Healthy Eats!Print
These Skinny Raspberry Mojito Cheesecake Bars are filled with creamy cheesecake goodness, fresh mint and lime juice, then topped with a fresh raspberry compote—and they’re only 130 calories!
- (1) 6 oz. of Driscoll raspberries
- 2 tablespoon of water
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot
- 1/2 teaspoon of lime zest
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 3/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoon of coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of diced fresh mint
Lime Cheesecake Filling:
- 8 oz. of cream cheese, softened
- 6 oz. of plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- zest from one lime
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small saucepan, add water, honey, arrowroot, and lime zest. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Add fresh Driscoll raspberries. Reduce to simmer and simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and place in refrigerator to cool.
- Grease a 8×8 pan using cooking spray. (I also line my pan with parchment paper for easy removal of the cheesecake bars – optional)
- In a small bowl, add graham crackers, melted coconut oil, and fresh mint. Mix until mixture is slightly wet. Pour graham crackers in prepared pan and press into bottom for the crust.
- In a medium bowl mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract using a hand mixer. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add in greek yogurt, lime juice, lime zest, egg whites, and arrowroot. Blend until combined – be sure not to over blend.
- Pour cheesecake mixture over graham cracker crust – smooth out so the cheesecake mixture is even.
- Pour raspberry sauce on top of cheesecake mixture, using a knife pull knife through raspberry mixture to create a swirl.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place in refrigerator let cool for 30 minutes. Serve.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
Keywords: cream cheese bars, cheesecake bars, cream cheese squares
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT#JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!