A fresh light Strawberry Jalapeno White Sangria recipe. It has everything your taste buds want sweet, spicy ,and fruity – bring this to your next party and be the talk of the night!
EEekkk!!! I am so excited to share the first EVER cocktail recipe here on JHE!
It’s hard to believe that I have been blogging for 2 years and I haven’t shared a cocktail recipe on this site yet. It’s not that I don’t like them. I like a fruity umbrella drink as much as the next girl.
I think part of the reason is I’m not much of a mixologist. I’m more of an open and pour kinda girl, wine or beer.
But the spring and summer months are coming and I wanted to give you something refreshing to drink that has people asking. “What is in that? It’s so good!”
I got the inspiration of the Strawberry Jalapeno combination from my brother. Over Christmas time he made a Strawberry Jalapeno infused Tequila with the new infuser he got as a present.
I was a little hesitant at first, but gave it a try and was kinda shocked how good it was. At first you get the sweet strawberry flavor from the tequila and then after you swallow you get hit with the jalapeno. It was amazing!
So when I was thinking of a Sangria recipe to make at home, my first thought was the Strawberry Jalapeno combo because it was amazing. But I added a couple of other berries to this recipe for good measure.
The Recipe calls for you to use pomegranate juice, but if you aren’t a fan you can totally sub it with cranberry juice. (that is good too) The juice just adds some flavor to the wine and fruit to compliment it.
I’ve tried this recipe with both Pinot Grigio and Riesling, I prefer the Riesling because it made it a little sweeter and worked really well with the kick of Jalapeno.
This Strawberry Jalapeno White Sangria is light, refreshing, super easy to make, and leaves you with a fun surprise taste that you normally don’t get from a typical Sangria recipe.
It’s the perfect cocktail to bring to the next party you go to or a fun drink to make for a date night in with your spouse.
I hope you give it a try and expand your Sangria horizons! Its so worth it!
- ½ cup of brandy
- ½ cup of pomegranate juice
- ⅓ cup of agave
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- 2 cups of mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- ½ jalapeno, sliced (seeds removed)
- bottle of white wine (I used Reisling, but you could use Pinor Grigio or Moscato)
- 1 cup of club soda
- In a pitcher add, berries, jalapeno slices, and brandy. Using a wooden spoon, muddle the berries a little bit. (maybe 3-4 smashed and thats it)
- Next add pomegranate juice, lemon juice, agave, and white wine. Stir.
- Cover the top of the pitcher with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 6 hours. (or overnight)
- Right before you are about to serve add the club soda, stir, and serve!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT#JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!