Packed with creamy avocado, this strawberry spinach salad with homemade honey mustard dressing is a refreshing summer recipe you’ll love. It’s ready in 5 minutes and full of crunchy, fruity goodness!
Healthy Strawberry Spinach Salad
Loaded with fresh fruit and avocado, this 5-minute strawberry spinach salad gets a gold star for easiness and flavor. Drizzled with a simple honey mustard dressing, every bite is perfectly creamy, tangy, and sweet.
Made with baby spinach or your favorite greens for convenience, this tossed salad can also go from side to main dish with the help of some grilled chicken. Sprinkled with spicy red onions and crunchy almonds for a bit of texture, this bowl of summer goodness is a 10— especially if you add some mango.
Even if it’s a last-minute gathering, who doesn’t have time to make a 5-minute salad? With a refreshing combination of strawberries, avocado, and earthy dijon, it’ll be a hit at home or at any cookout. Time to get started!
Is Spinach Good For You?
Absolutely! Spinach is an excellent source of calcium, magnesium, and fiber. It’s also packed with vitamins A, C, and K. It’s known to help lower blood pressure, aid digestion, and support eye-health. The leafy green is also low in calories, making it perfect for people that are watching their weight or just want to eat healthy.
What You’ll Need
You won’t believe how easy making your own honey mustard dressing is! Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact ingredient amounts.
For the Salad
- Spinach – I prefer baby spinach for this.
- Fresh strawberries – Please don’t use frozen strawberries.
- Almonds – You get bonus points if they’re toasted.
- Red onion
For the Honey Mustard Dressing
- Stone ground mustard
- Dijon mustard – Don’t use yellow mustard for this.
- Raw honey
- Dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
How to Make a Strawberry Spinach Salad
This 2-step strawberry spinach salad is quite fail-proof.
- Whisk the dressing. Mix the stone-ground mustard, dijon, honey, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until well combined. Set it aside.
- Assemble the salad. Toss the spinach, strawberries, avocados, red onion, and almonds in a large bowl until mixed. Serve with dressing on the side and enjoy.
Tips for Success
You won’t have any trouble throwing this salad together, but these tips will help make sure it comes out perfect.
- Prep-ahead. Slice the strawberries and prepare the dressing in advance for an even quicker salad throughout the week.
- Wait on the avocado. If you’re not serving the salad for at least another couple of hours or another day, don’t add the avocado just yet because it’ll brown. Add it until right before serving.
- Keep it away from heat. Especially when on the counter or table for serving, keep it away from heat and sunlight. These make it spoil faster and nobody wants that!
- Use leftover greens. Don’t worry if you’re almost out of spinach. You can use lettuce, kale, or even leftover salad mix for this recipe.
These variations are all about making every salad bowl easier and yummier with what you’ve got on hand.
- Make it fruitier. Add sliced mango, peaches, or apples to make this salad even fruitier. Fresh berries are also super yummy.
- Swap the dressing. Out of honey mustard dressing or don’t have all the ingredients to make it right now? Use your favorite store-bought dressing instead.
- Add protein. Adding sliced grilled chicken or rotisserie chicken will make the salad much more filling. It also makes a great work lunch.
What Goes With Spinach Salad?
This strawberry spinach salad is best with simple chicken, turkey, or fish main dishes. For chicken, check out my Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast or Air Fryer Chicken Breast for an easy dinner. For turkey, go for my Garlic Herb Roasted Turkey Breast. If you’re craving seafood, pair it with my Honey Blackened Salmon or Pan Seared Chilean Sea Bass.
Can I Store Extras for Later?
Yes! Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Store the dressing separately, otherwise the spinach will soften. Serve it straight out of the fridge and enjoy.
More Easy Salad Recipes to Try
- Grilled Sweet Potato Salad
- Green Goddess Salad
- Classic Wedge Salad with Light Blue Cheese Dressing
- Fattoush Salad
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
This easy strawberry spinach salad with avocado and honey mustard dressing will be your new favorite summer recipe. It’s ready in 5 minutes!
- 10 oz. of spinach
- 2 cups of strawberries, hulled & quartered
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon of stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons of raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, add stone ground mustard, dijon mustard, honey, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk together until combined and set aside.
- To a large bowl add spinach, strawberries, avocados, red onion, and almonds. Serve with dressing on the side.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cup
- Calories: 122
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 256 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: strawberry spinach salad, spinach strawberry salad, spinach salad with strawberries, spinach strawberry salad recipe