A creamy No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake served on top of a Gingersnap Cookie Pecan Crust will be sure to wow your guests this Holiday Season!
Do you ever feel like you have to keep up with the “standards” that society places on you?
You need to look at certain way, dress a certain way, act a certain way. Your life must look a certain way from the outside. Your kids need to act a certain way. They need to be at “this level” by the age of 1, 2, 3, or 4 and if they aren’t something is wrong with them. The list goes on and on.
Why do I bring this up?
Potty training! Society says that children should be trained around the age over 2 or so.
Guys… it is hard stuff.
Personally I am so over changing horribly smelly dirty diapers and ready for my little man to be potty trained. But he is just having nothing to do with it, in fact he cries at the idea of sitting on the potty. He is a little over 2 1/2 and I am definitely feeling the pressure from society that he should be potty trained.
While I was in Chicago this past week, I was talking to a new friend Kellie from The Suburban Soapbox and she was telling me not to put pressure on myself. Some children are potty trained before they are two and some are when they turn four. Everyone is different and your can’t force it, if you do you and your child will be miserable.
So.. I’m going to go with the flow and take my cues from little man and let HIM tell me when he’s ready.
Something I will not being taking cues on from little man is cooking. If that was the case we would end up with scrambled eggs and cookies all the time!
So keeping that in mind, today we are diving headfirst into pumpkin land again with this No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake with a Gingersnap Pecan Crust.
The Gingersnap Crust of this dish totally rocks, its buttery, slightly spicy from the ginger cookies, and then nutty from the pecans. The flavors in the crust go perfectly with the creamy fall spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake. The crust is crunchy while the cheesecake is light and airy, it’s the ultimate pumpkin bite!
This No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake is a great way to add a small change up to your Thanksgiving dinner, and believe me it will definitely wow your guests. Best part is, you can totally make it ahead! To be honest, it’s actually better because all the flavors sink in! 🙂
No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake:
- 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 12 oz. of lite cool whip
Gingersnap Pecan Crust:
- 20 gingersnap cookies, ground very finely
- 1/2 cup of pecans, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons of butter, melted
- Add gingersnap cookies and pecans to a food processor, chop until turned to powder.
- Pour into a small bowl and add melted butter. Mix till a moist crust is formed.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of gingersnap pecan mixture into a serving cup. Pat down.
- Place serving cups in the refrigerator for 1 hour to let crust harden a little.
- In a medium bowl, add softened cream cheese, pumpkin puree, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg, ground cloves. Using a hand mixer, combine until mixture is smooth.
- Gently fold in the lite cool whip. Let sit in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Using a large pastry bag with a large tip squeeze about 1/2-3/4 cup of pumpkin cheese mixture over the crust. Top with a dollop of cool whip.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Calories: 377
- Sugar: 14g
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g