Have I ever told you that I LOVE the fall season? Well… I do; everything about it: the decorations, the scarfs, the clothes, the warm foods, of course the boots, but most of all anything that has pumpkin in it. So give me a chance to make a pumpkin dessert and I’m all over it.
This weekend my husband and I dedicated our son at church. It was a really special moment for both of us because it is our first child. (so of course there were lots of tears) Afterwards we decided to have family and friends over to celebrate with us, and as a special treat I whipped up these quick cupcakes. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
- 1 box of Duncan Hines Spice Cake
- 1 can of Pumpkin Puree (15oz)
- 1 can of water (reuse the empty pumpkin puree can)
Cream Cheese Frosting (optional)
- 5oz of Cream Cheese (softened)
- 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake baking cups.
- In a large bowl combine Duncan Hines Spice Cake mix, pumpkin puree, and can of water.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins and cook for 18-21 minutes. (I did 19 minutes and they were perfect)
- Using an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, powered sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Spread on pumpkin spice cupcakes.
- Store all cupcakes in airtight container in refrigerator until ready to serve.
(Cream Cheese Frosting recipe adapted from Ellie Krieger Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting)