These yummy Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting are the perfect fall dessert! Full of rich pumpkin flavor and warm spices, these cozy cupcakes will warm your heart!
- 1 box of Duncan Hines Spice Cake
- 1 can of Pumpkin Puree (15oz)
- 1 can of water (reuse the empty pumpkin puree can)
Cream Cheese Frosting (optional)
- 5oz of Cream Cheese (softened)
- 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake baking cups.
- In a large bowl combine Duncan Hines Spice Cake mix, pumpkin puree, and can of water.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins and cook for 18-21 minutes. (I did 19 minutes and they were perfect)
- Using an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, powered sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Spread on pumpkin spice cupcakes.
- Store all cupcakes in airtight container in refrigerator until ready to serve.
(Cream Cheese Frosting recipe adapted from Ellie Krieger Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting)
Keywords: pumpkin spice cupcakes, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin cupcakes recipe, cream cheese frosting recipe, best cream cheese frosting, easy cream cheese frosting, homemade cream cheese frosting, pumpkin dessert, pumpkin dessert recipe