Easy No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake made healthy by using greek yogurt.
Easy No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake made healthy by using greek yogurt. A perfect light summer dessert to wow the crowd!
Sometimes blessings come in ways you don’t always anticipate or expect. I’ve been able to experience a blessing like that over the last couple of weeks. What blessing is that you might ask? Well I’m going to tell you.
Within the last year, after much recruiting, my parents moved from their beloved mountains of Washington state to the breath taking elevations of the plains of Texas. Apologies to the Hill country in and around Austin, but the Rockies and West Coast are some of the most beautiful views in the world. It was the first time since I had graduated from College that I was going to be living within a 5 minute drive of my parents, 10 years you guys that’s how long it had been.
As excited as I was, I also wondered what this would look like now. I knew it would be easy for my Husband (they absolutely LOVE him!! I’m still not exactly sure why…. :))
But I wasn’t sure how it would be for me. I have a good relationship with my parents but you know how things can be sometimes with parents. I can report though that it has gone well, it’s a learning process but I love it and love having them around.
So the blessing I was talking about?!?!?!?!
The last 2 weeks my Mom has come over and helped me knock out 3-4 recipes in one day.
I put together the list of what we’re going to do, drop my son off at preschool or with some friends and then we blow up the kitchen.
It’s been so much fun, not just because it’s an extra set of helping hands. The best part has been, some of the great conversations and sharing we’ve been able to do. Its allowed us to reconnect and rebuild some of the closeness that we haven’t been able to share because of living in different parts of the country.
These no bake key lime cheesecakes are kind of the same way.
I haven’t made them in a while but after spending some much loved time with them we are getting reacquainted. They’re a little bit of a change up from your traditional key lime pie, but they taste amazing. They are soft and creamy with a ever so subtle crunch from the graham cracker crust. The tartness of the key lime interacts perfectly with the sweetness of the whip cream creating beautiful balanced bite.
Bon Appetit friends!
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup key lime juice
- 10 graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- (optional) whipped cream for topping
- In a small bowl add, cream cheese, greek yogurt, honey, vanilla, and key lime juice. Using a hand mixer blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy. (like cheesecake .. wink) Set aside.
- To a food processor add graham crackers. Blend until graham crackers are crumbs. Pour into a small bowl, add melted butter. Mix together.
- Evenly distribute the crust among five 8 oz. mason jars. Pat the crust down.
- Next, evenly distribute the key lime cheesecake among the mason jars. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Garnish with whipped cream and serve!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Dessert Recipes?