This Easy One Pot Shakshuka Recipe is the ultimate comfort food meal! The eggs are baked in a spicy Mexican inspired tomato sauce, and this flavorful dish only takes 30 minutes to make!
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (14 oz) cans of diced fire roasted tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1/4 cup diced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- garnish: sliced avocado. sliced jalapeno
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat 10″ cast iron skillet to medium high heat, add grape seed oil.
- Next add onion to the pan. Cook gently until soft about 3 minutes. Then add garlic, poblano pepper, red pepper, and yellow pepper. Cook until tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- Then add in the smoked paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir to cominbe.
- Then add the diced tomatoes. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Gently crack eggs into skillet over tomatoes in different spots around the skillet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Immediately add the skillet to oven (uncovered) and bake until eggs are just set, 7 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro, queso fresco, and green onion.
- Optional garnish: sliced avocado, lime wedges, and sliced jalapeno.
- (you could serve with sliced baguette bread)
- Serving Size: 1 cup of shakshuka + egg
- Calories: 206
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 394 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 193 mg
Keywords: shakshuka recipe, easy shakshuka recipe, one pot dinner, one pot recipe, easy breakfast recipe, quick and easy dinner recipe, mexican dinner recipe