This Easy Holiday Cranberry Sangria recipe is filled with citrus, brandy, cranberry and hints of cinnamon. It’s a super festive sangria that can be made ahead of time and is perfect for the holidays!
Looking for more festive holiday cocktails? Try my Spiked Hot Apple Cider recipe!
Easy Holiday Cranberry Sangria
There are few classic Thanksgiving recipes that you just have to make every year.
And now, Holiday Sangria √
These are a few of the things that are a MUST make at our house around Thanksgiving!
Last year we had 14 adults and 16+ kids at the house to celebrate the big day. We warmed up the pool and let the kids swim the entire day while the adults did “adulting.” It was glorious and honestly that’s my plan again this year.
Although this year they’ll be 7 less people. HA!
Honestly, it’s crazy, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I LOVE hosting, making food and serving people and I think I’ve mastered the art of “prep.”
Here’s a question for you. Would you want me to do a post on how I prep for a Holiday Party?
And while you’re thinking about that, let’s talk about this show stopper of a Holiday Sangria shall we!
Ok, getting at least one of the questions out of the way. Can you mix red wine with cranberry juice? Um. Absolutely, and it makes the best sangria! The cranberry juice adds tartness and sweetness to this refreshing cocktail!
How to Make Sangria for the Holidays
- Prep all your fruit. Staples for sangria are usually oranges and limes. Outside of that you can add anything else you like. For this sangria recipe I added frozen cranberries.
- Once all the fruit is added to your pitcher, add in a liquor, optional fruit juice and a sweetener.
- Choose a wine. You could go red or white, it’s totally up to you. I tend to like red sangria recipes more. For a red sangria I use dry red wine -> like a cabernet sauvignon. If you want a slightly lighter sangria you could use a pinot noir.
- For best results allow your sangria to sit for at least 24 hours.
- Finish sangria with club soda or seltzer water right before serving!
This Holiday Cranberry Sangria recipe is perfect for Thanksgiving. It has all the flavors of the holidays and is super festive looking.
BEST of all it can be made ahead of time. Which, I don’t know about you, I always appreciate when I’m prepping for a big event!
With hints of cinnamon, citrus and rosemary you’ll fall in love with the multiple layers of this sangria!
I cannot wait for you try it.
This easy Thanksgiving Holiday Sangria recipe is bursting with citrus and cranberry, with a splash of brandy and a hint of cinnamon spice. It’s the perfect festive cocktail!
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 orange, halved and then sliced
- 2 limes, sliced
- 1/2 cup whole frozen cranberries
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 1 bottle of dry red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1 cup seltzer water
- rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Add agave nectar, brandy, orange, lime, agave nectar, cinnamon sticks, cranberry, and wine to a large pitcher. Stir to combine.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for 4 hours (the longer it sits the better it will taste, even better if overnight).
- Right before you are about to serve, add the seltzer water to the sangria mixture.
- Pour over ice or serve chilled. Garnish with rosemary sprigs if desired.
Keywords: thanksgiving sangria, holiday sangria, fall sangria
Want more Holiday Cocktail Recipes?