This easy and festive Cranberry Moscow Mule is made with rosemary-infused Vodka. You’ll love this holiday twist on a classic. It’s a light, refreshing, delicious Moscow Mule cocktail filled with holiday cheer!
Easy Christmas Moscow Mule
‘Tis the season for fun, festivities, and cocktails! So grab your copper mugs because today’s Christmas cocktail is a Cranberry Moscow Mule!
There are plenty of cocktails out there to warm you up (like my Spiked Apple Cider!) But this is the light and refreshing recipe you need after a long day of Christmas prepping!
I know, I know…the various “Christmas takes” on cocktails seem to be getting out of hand. But this isn’t a cheesy and silly take on a tropical daiquiri (which seems so out of place for this time of year!). Instead, I consider it a cocktail upgrade!
We’re taking a regular Moscow Mule, which is light, refreshing, and bursting with fresh ginger flavor, and adding some color, fruitiness, and a little bit of tartness. Then those bright flavors are balanced perfectly with homemade rosemary-infused vodka. It’s not cheesy at all!
What Is a Moscow Mule?
If you’re not familiar with a Moscow Mule, here’s a basic rundown. It’s always served very cold! And the ingredients are:
- Ginger Beer
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Lime Wedges
Something to note is that a Moscow Mule is traditionally served in a copper mug, but it’s not necessary!
Here are the ingredients you need to make my Christmas Cranberry Moscow Mule:
For the Rosemary-Infused Vodka:
- Grey Goose Vodka: Or you can use another high-end vodka. I would choose a more expensive option and not the cheap stuff for this recipe because you want smooth, delicious sipping vodka!
- Fresh Rosemary
Cranberry Moscow Mule:
- Rosemary-Infused Vodka: Remember to make the vodka a few days ahead of time.
- Cranberry Juice: I prefer to use 100% organic cranberry juice and avoid juices with extra sugar. You can always add some sweetness to the cocktail if you want, but it’s not supposed to be overly sweet.
- Fresh Limes
- Ginger Beer: Don’t use ginger ale! You want to use ginger beer. And you can find it with the other soda at the supermarket or the liquor store will also have it with the other mixers.
How to Make a Cranberry Moscow Mule
Here are the simple steps for making this delicious Christmas cocktail.
To make the rosemary-infused vodka: Add the rosemary to the vodka and let it sit for 1-2 days.
To make the cocktail: Add crushed ice along with the other cocktail ingredients to a copper mug or other serving glass. Stir the cocktail and enjoy immediately!
Tips & Variations
Some things to keep in mind when making this Cranberry Moscow Mule:
- Use a copper mug. It really sets the tone for this festive chilled beverage. The mug takes on the chill of the drink and it’s so fun to drink out of!
- Crushed ice makes a big difference. This is the best way to serve the drink so that it stays cold longer and chills the mug, too.
- Use fresh lime juice (and ONLY fresh lime juice!) Please don’t use bottled lime juice! Buy a bunch of fresh limes for the best flavor.
- If you want to add a little sweetness add some maple syrup. Or you could add a drizzle of honey.
- Use pomegranate juice instead. Pomegranate juice will also add tartness and a beautiful color to the cocktail.
Christmas Mule Mule Garnish Ideas
Here are some fun and festive garnish ideas!
- Fresh Rosemary Sprigs
- Cranberries or Pomegranate Seeds: The pomegranate seeds will add color and will be edible.
- Lime Wedges
- Candied Ginger
- Cinnamon Stick
Can I Make This Holiday Cocktail for a Crowd?
Making this Cranberry Moscow Mule recipe can easily be done for a crowd! You can batch up the recipe and serve it immediately by adding all of the ingredients into a large pitcher.
If you want to make the cocktail ahead of time, simply mix only the vodka, lime juice, and cranberry juice. Then you can add those ingredients to a pitcher or large serving container. And when you’re ready to serve, pour the mixture over crushed ice and top each cocktail off with ginger beer for fresh bubbles!Print
Cranberry Moscow Mule
- Prep Time: 48 hours
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 48 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 moscow mule 1x
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
This Cranberry Moscow Mule recipe is made with rosemary-infused Vodka. You’ll love this holiday twist on a classic and so will your guests!
Rosemary Infused Vodka:
- 2 cups Greygoose Vodka
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
Cranberry Moscow Mule:
- 1 1/2 oz rosemary infused vodka
- 1 1/2 oz cranberry juice
- juice 1/2 lime
- 3/4 cup ginger beer
- crushed ice
- Add vodka and rosemary sprigs to a bottle. Let sit for 1-2 days to soak.
- To a copper mug, add crushed ice, infused rosemary vodka, cranberry juice, lime juice, and ginger beer. Stir and serve!
Keywords: Christmas Moscow mule, Christmas mule, holiday cocktail, Christmas cocktail recipes
The cranberries are the perfect garnish! How are they prepared? They don’t look raw and they don’t looked cooked either. :0)
haha.. good eye. They were frozen to keep the drink cold. 🙂 But you could use raw too. It’s just garnish to make it festive. 🙂
This sounds very refreshing! I love the cups 😊
Thank you so much Lucy!