This festive Holiday Aperol Spritz is the ultimate light cocktail to enjoy during the holidays. Made with tart cranberry juice, Aperol, bubbly Prosecco, orange slice and sparkling water for the perfect refreshing sip.
Bring on the bubbles! If you like sparkling wine cocktails then you definitely need to check out my Pomegranate Mimosa, Hugo Cocktail or my favorite French 75 Cocktail.
Easy Winter Aperol Spritz
When looking for holiday cocktails, I want something that’s boozy and festive, but also light. Between the food and maybe being tempted for another beverage, I don’t want something too strong and heavy. A Holiday Aperol Spritz does just the trick.
This cocktail has tangy cranberry juice that adds a little holiday twist. I love that it’s tart and citrusy and not too sweet. And the best part is the bubbles! What’s more festive than that?! Prosecco and sparkling water are in there to add that little bit of magic.
And don’t forget the garnishes. Is it even a fancy Christmas cocktail without a garnish? I don’t think so. Adding a sprig of rosemary and a slice of orange creates the perfect holiday cocktail that everyone’s going to love!
Why You’ll Love This Holiday Cocktail Recipe
There’s no doubt you’re going to love my Holiday Aperol Spritz. Here’s why:
- You can make one or many. It’s really easy to batch up this recipe to make more than one. You can easily mix everything in a pitcher for easy party serving.
- It’s pretty! Ok, this seems a little silly, but seriously…look at it! It’s the perfect color for the holidays and the garnishes are beautiful!
- It’s easy to make. There’s no juicing involved and there are only 4 ingredients. Plus, you can make it in under 5 minutes.
What You’ll Need
Here’s what you need to make a Holiday Aperol Spritz:
- Aperol: It’s citrusy with a big orange flavor and it pairs perfectly with cranberry juice.
- Cranberry Juice: I prefer to use 100% cranberry juice, but you can use cranberry juice cocktail it will just be a little sweeter.
- Prosecco: Champagne would also work, but Prosecco is just as tasty and more affordable.
- Topo Chico: This is a Mexican sparkling water. You can also use club soda or whatever sparkling water you can find.
- Fresh Orange Slices and Rosemary Sprig: This is for garnish and I recommend using both, but you can use just one if that’s all that you have.
What is Aperol?
Aperol is an Italian aperitif which means that it’s a liquor meant to be enjoyed before a meal to stimulate your appetite.
It has a bright orange-red hue and hints of citrus, herbs, and vanilla. It’s a bit tart, but smooth enough that you can drink it on its own, too.
How to Make a Holiday Aperol Spritz
Follow these simple steps to make this quick and easy cocktail.
First, add all of the ingredients to a tall wine glass. You can add ice to the glass, too. I like to use oversized cocktail ice cubes like this one.
Then gently stir together and serve! Don’t forget to add the orange slice and rosemary sprig for garnish.
Tips for Success
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when making this cocktail.
- A wine glass is best for Aperol spritz. You can also use a highball glass.
- Alternative garnish ideas: If you don’t have rosemary or oranges, that’s ok! You could also use fresh cranberries or a cinnamon stick.
- Buy decent prosecco. You don’t have to buy the most expensive bottle, but if you buy the cheapest, you’ll be able to tell. I recommend splurging a little around the holidays for a quality cocktail! Also, don’t forget to put the stopper in the bottle between making cocktails.
Can This Be Made in Advance?
You can make Holiday Aperol Spritz ahead of time, but I would recommend one thing. And that would be to hold off on adding the bubbles until you pour it into a glass. So, you could combine the Aperol and cranberry juice and then mix in the Prosecco and sparking water right before serving.
What Pairs Well With Aperol?
I’ve got a few holiday pairing ideas for what to serve with this Holiday Aperol Spritz. Here they are!
- Charcuterie Boards: I’ve got a one-stop shop for all the best Charcuterie Board Ideas!
- Cheese Appetizers: Cheesy apps pair perfectly with the tart and tangy cocktail. My Holiday Goat Cheese Balls are a great recipe to try!
- Sweet and Savory Snacks: Smoked Gouda and Apple Crostini, Cranberry BBQ Meatballs, and Bacon Wrapped Figs with Goat Cheese are great examples to make for Christmas cocktail hour.
Holiday Aperol Spritz Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Cocktail
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: Italian
This light and refreshing Holiday Aperol Spritz is the perfect Christmas cocktail. It has tangy cranberry juice, Aperol, and prosecco.
- 3 oz. Aperol
- 4 oz prosecco
- 2 oz. cranberry juice
- 2–3 oz. topo chico
- 1 slice of fresh orange
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- To a tall wine glass, add one large ice cube (we use this mold).
- Pour Aperol, prosecco, cranberry juice and topo chico over the top. Give gentle stir.
- Garnish with orange slice and sprig of rosemary.
- Serving Size: 1 glass
- Calories: 346
- Sugar: 46 g
- Sodium: 8 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 66 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: winter aperol spritz, aperol Christmas cocktail, holiday cocktail recipes, aperol cocktail recipe
More Holiday Cocktail Recipes:
- Easy Maple Old Fashioned
- Cranberry Gin Moscow Mule
- Holiday Sangria
- White Christmas Margarita
- Spiked Cranberry Mulled Apple Cider