This White Christmas Margarita recipe will not disappoint. A creamy coconut margarita with lime juice, tequila, coconut water and cranberries that looks like Christmas in a cup. It is sure to be a hit at your holiday party and guaranteed to give you the merriest of holidays!
The Best White Christmas Margarita
This White Christmas Margarita Recipe will have you “rockin around the Christmas tree” for sure!
Not only does it look like Christmas in a cup, but it is incredibly smooth. (Buyer beware!) With refreshing coconut-lime flavor and festive ruby-red cranberries, this cocktail is as gorgeous as it is compulsively sip-able.
Even better? This White Christmas Margarita Recipe is made in a pitcher which allows you to be free and mingle instead of mixing drinks. As I was working on recipes for this Holiday Entertaining Series I wanted to focus on recipes that could be made in bulk, and Christmas drinks were no different.
This easy Christmas Punch for a Crowd is going to be your new go to for the holidays, I know it will be for me! I plan on making a double batch of this stuff for our annual Ugly Sweater Christmas Party! Woohoo!
Shop This Recipe
What You’ll Need
Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll need to make this Christmas cocktail recipe. Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card for specific amounts.
- Coconut Milk: You’ll want to get the full-fat coconut milk in a can. It is extra creamy and the real deal!
- Coconut Water: This is a “lighter” way to add more coconut flavor and not as many calories
- Tequila: Um, this is a must in Margaritas. I’d recommend the silver tequila because it is lighter in color and won’t turn your margarita a golden color.
- Grand Marnier: This orange flavored liquor is what gives this margarita a flavorful edge above the rest.
- Lime Juice: The fresh lime juice cuts through the creaminess of the coconut milk and water and gives you that true margarita flavor!
- Agave: I use agave in my margarita recipes instead of making a simple syrup. I find it’s lighter and not as sweet.
- Cranberries & Rosemary Sprigs: This is more for the festive colors, not as much for the taste!
Do You Use Gold or Silver Tequila for Margaritas?
I like to use silver or blanco tequila. It has a smooth taste and is a younger tequila, so it’s only been aged in the oak barrel for 2 years at most. Gold tequila is aged for much longer and has a stronger taste. Not always ideal for margaritas.
What is the Best Tequila for Margaritas?
Using a good tequila can make all the difference when it comes to making your Christmas cocktails shine! Here are the kinds of tequila that I think are best for making some really stellar margaritas:
- Patron Silver – It’s a great place to start when drinking tequila. It is made with agave without being too overwhelming. It’s smooth and definitely a good cocktail mixer.
- Hornitos – This is a newer tequila to me. A friend of mine turned me on to it and I really like it. I tend to go with the resposado or the anejo for less agave forward taste.
- Don Julio – Hands down, this one is my husbands favorite! It is smooth and won’t leave you with a headache because it’s made well.
How to Make This White Christmas Margarita Pitcher Recipe
Ok, let’s get our Christmas cocktails game on! Here’s how to make this Christmas Margarita recipe for a crowd:
- Mix all the ingredients. To a large pitcher add full fat coconut milk, coconut water, grand marnier, silver tequila, lime juice and agave syrup. Using a whisk stir everything together until coconut milk no longer separates.
- Serve over ice.
- Make it look pretty. Garnish with fresh cranberries, lime slices and rosemary sprig.
Shop Some of My Favorite Beverage Pitchers
Can I Make This in Advance?
Homemade margaritas should last between 2 to 3 weeks in the refrigerator if kept in an air tight container. For this White Christmas Margarita Recipe you will just need to use a whisk to mix the coconut milk back up again as it tends to separate when it sits.
I have legit made this recipe probably 5 times in the past 2 months. Granted I was testing it out the first two times, but still. It is amazing! It’s creamy, smooth, a slight tropical flavor and has a nice zing from the lime juice. Plus it looks like the holidays from the cranberries and rosemary.
More Holiday Cocktail Recipes To Try:
- Harvest Apple Bourbon Cocktail: a mixture of cinnamon infused bourbon, apple juice and sparkling water make this easy and light.
- Holiday Spiked Eggnog: creamy dairy free eggnog mixed with amaretto and white rum for the most epic holiday drink … EVA
- Hot Spiked Mulled Apple Cider: apple cider cooked in the crock pot with tummy warming spices then finished with spiced rum
- Holiday Cranberry Sangria: a festive sangria that’s made with cranberries, citrus, brandy and cinnamon sticks
A White Christmas Margarita Pitcher Recipe that will not disappoint. This creamy coconut margarita with lime juice, tequila, coconut water and cranberries tastes like summer and looks like Christmas in a cup.
- 18 oz. coconut milk (in can)
- 6 oz. coconut water
- 6 oz. grand marnier
- 9 oz. silver tequila
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup
- garnish: fresh or frozen cranberries, lime slices and rosemary sprigs
- To a large pitcher add full fat coconut milk, coconut water, grand marnier, silver tequila, lime juice and agave syrup. Using a whisk stir everything together until coconut milk no longer separates.
- Serve over ice.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries, lime slices and rosemary sprig.
For the Sugar Lime Rim: To a flat plate add 1/3 cup white granulated sugar and zest from one lime. Gently mix. Set aside. Take a lime wedge and rub around the rim. Then dip in the sugar lime mixture. Now you can pour the white christmas margarita in.
- Serving Size: 6 oz.
- Calories: 305
- Sugar: 15 g
- Sodium: 5 g
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: white christmas margarita, holiday cocktail recipes, christmas cocktails, christmas drinks
DON’T MISS A RECIPE ->