Homemade STEAK FAJITA BURRITO BOWLS filled with quinoa, fajita steak, avocado and a cilantro lime chimichurri sauce you’ll adore. This quick Burrito Bowl is done in 30 minutes and is sure to be a favorite!
Ya’ll I just bought the BEST most amazing magazine from Better Home & Gardens. It was a special edition that was focused on Mexican Food & Tacos! Sounds heavenly right?!
I was standing in line at Barnes & Noble waiting to order my coffee and I just couldn’t resist. That big beautiful cover filled with the most amazing street tacos you’ve ever seen was staring me right in the face. You know that Mexican food is my heart (insert beating heart emoji) and my veins are filled with salsa and margaritas! So this magazine was a must!
I think my love for Mexican Food, or Tex-Mex started after moving down to Texas. I don’t remember having that same love for Tex-Mex growing up or even in college. Probably because in college I lived off of Chipotle, Mocha Frappuccinos, Potbelly’s, and late night Wendy’s runs.
And to be honest, Texas has some of the BEST Mexican food in the US! Like life changing enchiladas, fajitas, and margaritas! I could live on the stuff, and in full disclosure … we go through phases where we do! 🙂
When we go out to a Mexican Restaurant, typically I’ll order Fajitas. It’s just easy, ya know. It’s usually enough for our family, and it’s cheap. Which means more money for Margaritas! (alterer motives) Plus I always love the meat! What I don’t love is how they ALWAYS give you like two tortillas so we end up ordering more. I mean, honestly, why only two tortillas! You know you’re gonna have to bring more!!
Recently I just starting eating it without the tortilla, more because I was hungry and we never had enough tortillas. I actually kinda liked it and it left me feeling not “as full” when I was done eating.
Enter these Steak Fajita Burrito Bowls. Who needs the tortilla anyway? It’s just extra carbs and gluten that you don’t REALLY need! Right!
Chipotle Restaurant was on to something when they created the Burrito Bowl and ya’ll I’m rolling with it!
Flavorful Fajita meat, sautéed peppers & onions, quinoa, corn, avocado and your favorite salsa make this Burrito Bowl absolutely irresistible. And to all you moms out there, this meal comes together in 30 minutes and I guarantee your kids will devour it!
The skirt steak is marinated for a short time in a flavorful zesty chimichurri sauce then seared to perfection in a cast iron skillet. Once the steak is cooked the peppers and onions are thrown into that same skillet to soak up all those flavors. Ya’ll …. it’s amazing!
Add whatever topping you’d like to make this Steak Fajita Burrito Bowl your own!
I hope you had an amazing Valentines Day with your hunnie yesterday!
Bon Appetit friends!
Homemade burrito bowls filled with quinoa, fajita steak, avocado, and a cilantro-lime chimichurri sauce you’ll adore.
- 1 lb. of skirt steak
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 13.5 oz. can corn kernels, no salt or sugar added
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 4 cups green leaf lettuce, sliced
- optional: top with salsa
- To a food processor add fresh cilantro, oregano, garlic clove, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, red wine vinegar, olive oil, and fresh lime juice. Blend until smooth.
- Add the skirt steak into a large ziplock bag with half the chimichurri mixture. Set the other half aside.
- Mix the steak around so it is completely coated.
- In the meantime add quinoa and water to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- While that is going, heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add the skirt steak to the pan. Cook each side for 5 minutes in a seared hot pan. Remove the steak from the pan and let rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and Immediately add red onion, red pepper, yellow pepper, and green pepper to the pan the steak was just cooked in. Saute for 5 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Assemble the bowls, add 1/2 cup of quinoa to a bowl, 1 cup of green leaf lettuce, half an avocado, corn, fajita steak, peppers, and onions, top with chimichurri sauce and/or salsa. SERVE!
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 692
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 492 mg
- Fat: 39 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 46 g
- Fiber: 13 g
- Protein: 40 g
- Cholesterol: 67 mg
Keywords: burrito bowl, mexican bowls, healthy burrito bowls
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Tex-Mex Recipes?