ROASTED TOMATO CAPRESE FRITTATA, an easy yet fancy looking holiday recipe that’s perfect for breakfast, brunch or lunch! Filled with melted mozzarella, fresh basil, garlic infused spinach and roasted tomato – it’s pretty much divine!
Guys! Thanksgiving is tomorrow! YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!
Can you believe we finally got here? Have you finished all your turkey day shopping?
I hope so, or you’re in a mad house tomorrow!
I don’t know about you but I’m so over seeing all the Thanksgiving Day recipes.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I want to devour all the food tomorrow but seeing my facebook feed filled with Thanksgiving recipes and all the pumpkin… yeah that I’m over.
Let’s move on to Christmas recipes shall we!
I think we should head into the Christmas recipes, I kinda eluded to that last week with those Espresso Cashew Clusters.
Which on a side note, if you haven’t tried them yet, YOU HAVE TO! The Espresso grounds and chocolate …. Muah! Perfection!
But today we are focusing on Breakfast and all things yummy in the tummy!
One of our favorite things to make for breakfast or even for dinner some nights are frittatas. It’s basically like eating a pizza for breakfast! It has loads of protein in it and can be so versatile.
This Frittata was birthed out of my love for all things Caprese! I’m totally a sucker for it. But even more of a sucker for roasted tomatoes! Case and point, Mashed Avocado Goat Cheese Sandwich with Roasted Tomato, Roasted Tomato Bruschetta with Whipped Goat Cheese, Pesto Chicken Zoodles with Burst Tomato, and Roasted Tomato Caprese Pasta Salad!
You see … I’m kinda obsessed.
And believe me, you will be too after you try this Roasted Tomato Caprese Frittata.
Garlic infused spinach, roasted tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and fresh basil! Everything is sauteed in one pan and then thrown in the oven. It doesn’t get easier than that folks.
Plus the colors are so festive … psstt… red and green!
Bon Appetit friends! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!Print
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups of fresh spinach, diced
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella balls
- 10 eggs
- ½ cup of 2% milk
- salt & pepper
- garnish with chiffoned fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt & pepper and set aside.
- Heat a medium size oven safe skillet to medium heat.
- Add olive oil and cherry tomatoes to the pan and cook until slightly charred, about 3-4 minutes.
- Next add in garlic and spinach.
- Saute and stir until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the egg mixture. Stir to mix everything together and top eggs with fresh mozzarella balls.
- Let sit on burner for 4 minutes.
- Transfer pan to oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the frittata has set. (the eggs don’t wiggle when you shake the pan)
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!