Patriotic Potato Salad covered with an easy light Herb Vinaigrette!
Patriotic Potato Salad made with red, white, and blue potatoes then covered with an easy light Herb Vinaigrette. The perfect side dish to bring to your next party!
Ugh… guys I feel like the posts this week have taken me FOREVER to write.
I literally was just sitting in front of my computer watching that little vertical line on my screen blink with nothing following it.
There are no words. My mind is just blank and exhausted.
All I really want to do is change into a swim suit and jump into our pool. But it’s not quite finished yet. Yesterday they actually poured the concrete for the deck, so we are getting closer. I think this Friday they are spraying the plaster in the pool and then the diamond brite.
So hopefully… fingers crossed… we’ll be swimming next week!
Seriously can’t wait.
Monday night Mike went out for a bike ride after little man went to bed. As the door opened my sweaty husband walks through and walks right to the backyard window, stars out blankly and says … “now would be a great time to have a pool. I would totally just go dive in right now!”
I AGREE! Nothing better than a swim to cool you down after a sweaty workout. Or if you live in Texas, a dip after just stepping outside and sweating because it’s so flippin hot! And believe me, we’ve definitely gotten into that time of year when you walk outside and can’t breathe because the heat and humidity takes your breathe away!
Ugh… let’s just say it’s not my favorite time of year because of the heat. But hopefully now with a pool it WILL be my favorite time of year. Ahh… how things change!
Ok, moving on to the recipe.
This recipe was inspired by the firework stands on the side of road right now. Because in Texas, that’s what we do. We set off our own fireworks around 4th of July and New Years.
The 4th of July is right around the corner and I’m helping you get ready for it with this Patriotic Potato Salad made with red, white, and purple potatoes!
This Potato Salad recipe is easy, light, and mayo free! Woohoo!
It’s loaded with tons of fresh herbs, a mustard vinaigrette, then tossed with festive tender potatoes and hard boiled eggs! I guarantee it will be a hit at your holiday party. I know it will be at mine.
And I don’t know about you, but I’ll be making burgers, fruit salad, and definitely those Patriotic Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries for the 4th of July. Now just to figure out cocktails. 🙂 hehehe
Bon Appetit friends and happy Wednesday!Print
Patriotic Potato Salad made with red, white, and blue potatoes then covered with a easy light Herb Vinaigrette. The perfect side dish to bring to your next party!
- 1 lb. purple potato
- 24 oz. baby yukon potatoes
- 24 oz. baby red potatoes
- 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- Herb Dressing:
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon diced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon diced fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons diced fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup diced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a large pot with water. Add whole potatoes into the pot. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Cook until the potatoes are fork tender. About 20-30 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from pot and drain. Let sit for 5 minutes to cool. Cut into quarters.
- In a medium bowl, add garlic cloves, rosemary, thyme, parsley, chives, mustard, honey, and red wine vinegar. Using a whisk stir until combined.
- Slowly add olive oil to the bowl, whisking the whole time until the mixture turns to a dressing.
- Add quarters potatoes to a large bowl with hard boiled eggs. Pour dressing over the potatoes. Toss the potato salad until all the potatoes are covered in the dressing.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 158
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 209 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 31 mg
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Healthy Side Dish Recipes?