An easy homemade Blueberry Muffin Recipe the family will love.
An easy homemade Blueberry Muffin Recipe the family will love. Moist Blueberry Muffins bursting with blueberry flavor! A perfect breakfast or after school snack option!
I have been craving Blueberry Muffins for the past 2 weeks. Basically ever since my sister in law told me about these Blueberry Streusel Muffins she made. All I could picture are these big bakery style muffins with burst blueberry all over.
I have no idea why, I normally don’t even like blueberry muffins but I NEEDED to make them. ASAP!
So what did I do?
I went to the ever trustworthy Pinterest and searched. I “search” for recipes by picture. If it’s a drool worthy picture it’s usually a good recipe. So I found the best picture I could find and went from there. And just by chance, the recipe I pulled up happened to be a friend of mine’s –> Gina from Kleinworth and Co. Woohoo!
Her recipe was for Streusel Muffins, which looked amazing but too much sugar for my taste. So I adapted them slightly to make them more up my alley.
Well ya’ll I got my burst blueberry muffin fix and boy are they amazing!
These muffins are slightly sweet, extremely moist and filled with burst blueberries!
AKA exactly what I was looking for!
I guarantee these will be a keeper at your house. Coming from the girl who doesn’t even like blueberry muffins.
These were devoured in 2 days at my house. (and no not all by me.. geesh!)
As we get closer and closer to the start of school my mind is already shifting to quick breakfast recipes and nutritious after school snacks. I think these will fit the bill perfectly and I already know little man likes them!
So make sure you put this on your list of “back to school” snacks. I know I will! (ps.. it’s so weird to think I have have a kindergartener! Eek!)
Bon Appetit friends!
- Serves: 16 muffins
- Serving size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 176
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Sugar: 15 g
- Sodium: 98 mg
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 24 mg
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon white whole wheat flour
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat over to 375.
- In a large bowl, mix together the wet ingredients - honey, greek yogurt, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and eggs. Whisk together until combined.
- To a medium bowl add, white whole wheat flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- In a small bowl - combine 1-1/2 cups blueberries & 1 tbsp white whole wheat flour & toss to coat
- Gently fold blueberries into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into muffin pan filling each hole about ¾ of the way full (line or spray with cooking spray if not using the cupcake liners)
- Sprinkle the top of each muffin with remaining blueberries.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan before transferring to a wire rack to continue cooling - or serve warm
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Scrumptious Muffin Recipes?