This refreshing White Wine Spritzer is an easy summer cocktail with a light citrus and berry flavor. Made with your favorite white wine, club soda and fruit, it comes together in minutes!
An Easy Summer Cocktail
When it comes to refreshing summer drinks (of the alcoholic variety), white wine spritzers are my go-to.
I love spritzers because they’re crisp, refreshing and, depending on what you add, fruity. They can give you that fancy fruity cocktail feeling, without all the added sugar.
Since wine spritzers are made with club soda or sparkling water, they have fewer calories than many cocktails or drinking only wine. Plus, you reduce the amount of alcohol per drink so you can indulge without a hangover the next morning.
Wine spritzers can be made in a variety of flavors but I feel like I hit the jackpot with this citrus and strawberry white wine spritzer. With a combination of orange, lime and strawberry, it has a light citrus and berry flavor that is neither tart nor overly sweet.
And since spritzers are best served cold, they’re perfect for hot summer days. Just imagine lounging at the pool with one of these in your hand!
You can make this orange strawberry drink as an individual serving or as a pitcher. I’ve included the instructions and measurements for both. I love that I can make enough for just me or enough for a crowd!
What You’ll Need
You can make an individual serving in a glass or an entire pitcher of white wine spritzer with these ingredients.
- White wine – Sauvignon blanc, pinot gris and riesling are my top choices.
- Club soda – You can also use sparkling water.
- Orange – For flavor and presentation.
- Lime – A nice contrast to the orange.
- Strawberry – The flavor complements the citrus nicely.
How To Make White Wine Spritzer
You can make individual servings of this summer cocktail for yourself or a whole pitcher for a group.
A Single Serving:
- Combine ingredients and garnish. Add all ingredients to a wine glass over crushed ice. Gently stir. Garnish with thyme or basil. Enjoy.
- Combine wine and fruit. Add white wine and fruit to a large pitcher.
- Add club soda. Stir in club soda before serving.
- Garnish and serve. Pour into glasses over crushed ice. Garnish with thyme or basil.
Tips for Success
Let’s be honest – I’ve made these white wine spritzers more than once. I’m proud to say I’ve figured out the secrets to the absolute best spritzers and combinations.
- Start with chilled white wine. If you can, keep the wine in the fridge to chill before making the spritzer.
- Chill the club soda. You can put the club soda in the freezer for 10 minutes or so.
- Switch up the fruits to your preference. Berries, peaches, cherries, and apricots can all be used in white wine spritzers.
- Make a sweeter cocktail. Use 7-Up or ginger ale in place of the club soda for a sweeter drink. Tonic water and kombucha can also be used for a unique flavor.
Shop This Recipe
I like to serve spritzers in wine glasses, topped with an extra strawberry on the rim or some citrus peel.
If offering white wine spritzer to guests, I’ll just pour from the pitcher directly into the glasses over ice and keep the pitcher in the fridge.
For the best spritzer, it’s important to keep it cold and serve chilled.
How to Store
If I’m just making spritzer for myself or individual glasses for a friend or two, I slice the fruit in advance and just make every drink individually, so there’s no storing necessary.
For a pitcher, I just keep it in the fridge. At a BBQ or summer picnic, you could also store it in a bucket of ice. The most important thing is that it’s kept cool.
Can Spritzers Be Made Ahead of Time?
This is not something I recommend making ahead of time. It goes flat quickly, so it’s difficult to make more than a few hours in advance.
If you want to be prepare, the best thing to do is prepare the drink without the club soda and add it right before serving.
More Easy Cocktail Recipes:
- Rosé Wine with Fresh Fruit Cubes
- Easy Citrus White Wine Sangria
- Easy Strawberry Peach Moscato Sangria
- Holiday Spiced Mulled Wine
- Light & Refreshing Spicy Margarita
Light & Refreshing White Wine Spritzer
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving or 1 pitcher 1x
- Category: Drink
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
Light and refreshing, this White Wine Spritzer is an easy summer cocktail. Made with your favorite white wine, club soda and fruit, it comes together in minutes.
- 4 oz. white wine (sauvignon blanc, pinot gris, riesling)
- 1 oz. club soda (or sparkling water)
- 1 orange slice
- 1–2 lime slices
- 1 strawberry, sliced
- 1 bottle of white wine (sauvignon blanc, pinot gris, riesling)
- 7 oz. club soda
- 5 strawberries, sliced
- 5–7 orange slices
- 1 lime, sliced
- To a wine glass filled with ice (crushed) add 4 oz of white wine of your choice, 1 oz club soda, orange slice, lime slices and strawberry. Give it a gently stir. Garnish with thyme or basil and serve.
- To large pitcher add, white wine, orange slices, lime slices and strawberry.
- Right before serving add the club soda to the pitcher and give a gentle stir.
- Serve over ice and garnish with thyme or basil.
Keywords: wine spritzer recipe, citrus spritzer, easy summer cocktails, easy summer drinks