This easy white wine sangria recipe is the perfect cocktail for those hot summer days. A refreshing and fruity drink made with white wine and orange, lime, and lemon slices!
What is a White Wine Sangria?
Sangria is traditionally made with red wine, but you can also make it with white wine. That’s exactly what we are doing here! I like to use Sauvignon Blanc but you can use your favorite dry white wine that you’d drink by the glass.
I recommend prepping your sangria at least 4 hours before you plan to serve it, then chilling it in the fridge and serving it with lots of ice. You won’t believe how refreshing this simple cocktail is on hot summer days!
Why You’ll Love This Sangria Recipe
- Easy. You won’t need any fancy tools or special techniques to make this recipe. Just add everything to a pitcher, stir, chill, and serve. Voila! The best white wine sangria ever.
- Refreshing. This simple cocktail is so light and refreshing that it goes down like water. Perfect for sweltering afternoons on the deck.
- Flexible. You can add other kinds of fruit to your sangria if you like, and also make it well in advance. It’s the perfect drink for when you have guests coming over and want to prep a fun cocktail ahead of time.
What You’ll Need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this white wine sangria. Here’s a quick overview. Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card for specific amounts.
- Citrus fruits: I like to use a naval orange, lemons, and limes.
- Fresh mint leaves: Don’t try to substitute this for dry mint, it has to be fresh.
- Vodka: I like to use citrus-flavored vodka, but you can also use plain vodka.
- Agave nectar: Honey, maple syrup, or simple syrup will also work to add some sweetness. Don’t add plain sugar because it won’t dissolve in cold liquid and will lend a grainy texture to your cocktail.
- Dry white wine: I used Sauvignon Blanc, but you can use Pinot Grigio or your favorite kind of white wine.
How to Make a White Wine Sangria
The best part of this cocktail? It’s SO EASY! Here’s how to make the best white wine sangria:
- Mix. Add all the ingredients to a large pitcher.
- Serve. Stir and serve over ice.
Yup, that’s it! But, for the best results I do recommend letting your sangria chill for at least 4 hours. This gives the flavors time to develop and also adds some extra chill to your drink.
More Tips for the Best Sangria
- Add ice after chilling. In addition to letting your sangria chill for a few hours (see above), I also recommend waiting to add the ice until after your drink has chilled. This way it won’t melt and water down your cocktail in the fridge.
- Experiment with different fruits. You can also add sliced strawberries, peach slices, and fresh berries (muddled or not). Find your favorite mix of fresh fruit by experimenting and discovering what your palate loves.
- Add some spice. You can also add some fresh jalapeno slices (seeds removed) for a spicy kick.
What to Serve with Sangria
Since this kind of cocktail is typically served on hot summer days, I like to serve sangria with light finger foods and appetizers. Here are some of my favorite ideas:
- Ahi Tuna Poke Nachos
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 10-Minute Air Fryer Shrimp Recipe
- Mediterranean 7 Layer Dip
- Avocado Bruschetta
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- Summer Rolls with Peanut Sauce
Charcuterie boards are also fantastic with sangria! Everyone can assemble their own assortments on small plates and then nibble away while they sip their cocktail. Here are some of my favorite charcuterie boards:
Frequently Asked Questions
Any cocktail with alcohol can get you drunk if you have enough of it. Because sangria has both wine and vodka in it, the same is true for this refreshing summer drink.
Yes because it can also have other kinds of alcohol in it, like the vodka in this recipe.
How to Store Sangria
One of the best things about this cocktail is that it can be made in advance and extras can be stored for a moderate amount of time. You can make your sangria in the morning to serve in the afternoon, or even make it the evening before your get-together. Similarly, you can store extra sangria in the fridge for up to 2 days. Keep in mind that the flavor of the citrus will intensify over time.
More Sangria Recipes to TryPrint
White Wine Sangria
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Pitcher
- Cuisine: Spanish
This easy white wine sangria is the perfect refreshing cocktail for those hot summer days. Sit back and enjoy this fruity drink – you deserve it!
- 1 large naval orange, sliced
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 limes, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup citrus vodka
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 bottles of dry white wine (i used sauvignon blanc)
- Add all the ingredients to a large pitcher.
- Stir and serve over ice.
- Or for BEST results. Cover and let rest in refrigerator for 4 hours. Then serve over ice!
- Serving Size: 8 oz.
- Calories: 262
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 1 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: white wine sangria, sangria recipe, how to make sangria
This sangria is too bitter. I think it needs a simple syrup
Hey D, if you like a sweeter sangria then yes you might want to a simple syrup or a little bit of agave. I tend to like mine where I can taste the fruit and wine more. 🙂
I adore citrus with white wine! This sangria is calling my name!
sangria is always calling my name haha
I’m always down for a nice sangria!
Sign me up! Perfect by the pool this weekend!
yes mam! pool time and sangria sounds great to me!
Yes, please! This looks SO amaaazing!! Can’t wait to try it!
Gorgeous photos and I love all that citrus!
How exciting to be getting a pool! I know you’ll enjoy it! And you have the perfect drink to go with it!
We live in Texas and do not have a pool. Saddest of sad faces for the impending summer. But yay for y’all and for this new pool of yours and for hopefully sipping this sangria by it! This is definitely perfect for a hot summer’s day!
ohhh girl I’m sorry. Texas summers are brutal. Turn the sprinkler on and run through it! 🙂 hehe And drink that sangria!
It doesn’t get much better than a icy cold drink while sitting by the pool! Love the citrus twist in these!
amen to that!