Ground Turkey Tacos in Lettuce Wraps topped with a fresh Cilantro Lime Crema – a great healthy weeknight meal option that’s full of flavor and gluten free!
How many times do you make Tacos each week?
If I could, I would make tacos every night of the week!
I love tacos and LOVE Mexican food. But what I love the most is that tacos can be so versatile. You can stuff them with chicken, fish, beef, turkey, or go vegetarian. You can serve them on a flour tortilla, hard shell taco, corn tortilla, or lettuce cup. The toppings are endless and flavors are unlimited. You can make them as healthy or unhealthy as you like.
That my friends is why I love them so much and why they will never grow old! But the final kicker is how crazy simple they are to make!
PEOPLE if you’re looking for an easy meal to make during the week Tacos should be your answer! EVERY TIME!
Last week I was going out to dinner with a good friend of mine who I hadn’t seen in ages! One of the very first women’s bible studies I led at my house this friend was a part of. She had just moved here from a different state as did I and we were both looking for community.
It’s funny to me how when you go through a hard time together or make a special heart connection, no matter how long it’s been since you’ve seen that person or talked to them … that connection has not vanished. It is still there because you know a side of that person not a lot of other people know. You know how to get right to the “good stuff” and cut through the fake “how’s it going?” stuff! I LOVE it!
Any who, in “mom life” I may be going to out to dinner with a friend but I still need to feed the other two humans at the house.
Enter Ground Turkey Tacos in Lettuce Wraps! (see I told you I love them for a reason)
The only cooking I had to do for this was the actually ground turkey part and if you do a good job of building flavors on top of other flavors you won’t need anything else!
The Ground Turkey in this has some sauteed onions, garlic, smoked paprika, ancho chili powder (which is a little spicier than regular chili powder), cumin, and then a slight hint of cinnamon! Delicious!
Instead of adding salsa to this taco I made a quick Cilantro Lime Crema for my boys to top their tacos with … which basically means I throw everything in the blender and viola dinner on the table in 20 minutes!
After I got back from the dinner with my friend I found out my boys dinner was a big success, Mike loved the Cilantro Lime Crema and Cason devoured the turkey mixture and toppings … he wasn’t a big fan of the lettuce wrap and opted for a tortilla instead. 🙂 But that’s what so great about tacos, you can customize them to your liking!
Hope this recipe gets filed in your “go to” meals during the week my friends! As always, hope you have a great weekend and Bon Appetite!Print
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.25 lbs lean ground turkey (93/7)
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
Cilantro Lime Crema:
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup stonyfield plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10-12 leaves of Butter Lettuce
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro
- In a food processor add, garlic clove, greek yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon of cumin, salt and pepper to taste. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a medium saute pan to medium high heat. Add olive oil and red onion. Saute until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add in garlic, saute for 30 seconds.
- Add lean ground turkey, cook until no longer pink. Approximately 7-10 minutes.
- Add in 1 1/2 tablespoons of cumin, smoked paprika, ancho chili powder, ground cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Stir until all the spices are mixed together.
- Serve turkey mixture on top of butter lettuce with avocado, cherry tomatoes, fresh cilantro, and cilantro lime crema.
- Serving Size: 2 taco
- Calories: 172
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 307 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 17 g
- Cholesterol: 61 mg
IF YOU A RECIPE BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!