These Grilled Beef Kabobs are made with tender Top Sirloin and then alternated with fresh seasonal vegetables, served with a homemade Avocado Cucumber Tzatziki Sauce. A great healthy meal to have on the table in 30 minutes!
So as most of you know yesterday was my birthday and my 30th at that.
It was a good day for the most part. Not quite as I expected, but then again things are never the way you expect them to go.
Monday night Cason, our little man, ended up having a 102 temperature most of the night and some major congestion. It was the first real fever he has had and I was freakin out! I was monitoring him all night long, taking his temperature, putting a damp cloth on his head, stripping him to his diaper… Anything to try and cool him down. Mike even made a 1:30am run to the drug store to get medicine. So… it was a long night.
Followed by an early morning start with 2 doctors appointments. One for mommy and one for Cason. Turns out Cason had some type of sinus infection that if not caught could turn into bronchitis… glad I took him in. He is doing much better today but that just left me exhausted yesterday from the lack of sleep and not wanting to pump out a post. After all it was my birthday! I didn’t want to sit on the computer and type… I wanted to just rest especially with a crazy night and day.
So… that is why you are getting a post later on in the day today! I was thinking about waiting till Thursday to post this but it was just too good to wait another day to share.
Plus you did request grill recipes and I wanted to deliver.
Todays recipe is a Grilled Beef Kabob with an Avocado Cucumber Tzatziki Sauce.
We are sauce people over here …. we like to dunk any and everything into some type of sauce to amp it up a notch. This Avocado Cucumber Tzatziki sauce is very similar to the other Paleo Tzatziki Sauce I have on JHE. The only difference is this one is really creamy because I added Fage Plain Greek Yogurt… holy yum!
The grilled smokey taste from the meat mixed with the crispy charred vegetables and then topped off with the tzatziki is a total crowd pleaser. This recipe can be done in 30 minutes so if you are looking for a quick recipe to wow some dinner guests for the week. This is it!
- 1.5 lbs. of top sirloin, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1" slices
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 5.5 oz. Fage plain greek yogurt
- half an avocado
- 1 teaspoon of dry dill
- ½ cup of cucumber, grated
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- salt & pepper
- In a blender, add garlic and blender for 30 seconds.
- Next add yogurt, avocado, dill, cucumber, lemon juice, and salt & pepper. Blend until creamy and completely combined.
- Set aside.
- Prep kabobs, alternate beef and cut vegetables on skewers. Season with olive oil, salt, & pepper
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Place kabobs on grill and grill 4-5 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve Beef Kabobs with Avocado Cucumber Tzatziki Sauce.