The Best Fudgy Avocado Brownies you will ever taste, packed with coconut sugar, chocolate chips, and coffee! The perfect guilt free dessert recipe for the summer!
So did I ever tell you about that one time I ate a whole batch of brownies by myself … in one sitting?
Well if you’ve read my About page then you probably know the story.. but if you haven’t let me tell you!
Twas the day before I got married. The bridesmaids and I were busy making last minute projects before the big day – making table signs and finishing the wedding programs. Suddenly I had the urge for a chocolate treat … my treat of choice was and will always be brownies. I made a quick batch and dove in.
Apparently I was really nervous because 10 minutes later I realized I had finished the WHOLE batch (8×8 pan) of brownies by myself
Luckily my dress still fit the next day! hehe The End.
But clearly you can see and understand after that story, my passion and lack of self control for brownies!
Which is why I needed to make a healthier version – a guilt free version if you will!
Enter these Mocha Chocolate Chip Avocado Brownies!
These babies are made with fresh avocado, coffee, loads of chocolate chips, and dark dutch processed cocoa powder. (that stuff is the best! Please make sure its dutch processed, way better than regular Hersey’s cocoa powder – no offensive)
When you are mixing it the texture is definitely a little more sticky than regular box brownie mix, meaning its not as smooth pouring out of the bowl into the baking dish. You will need to use your spatula to scrap it out of the bowl and evenly spread the batter. But believe me.. its so worth it!
You’ll never know that these brownies are made with avocado when you taste them! They are still as rich and fudgy as regular brownies.
In fact, I dropped a bunch of these off at my husbands office and they were gone in minutes. It was only later that I told them that they were Avocado Brownies! hehe (so sneaky)
The coffee brings out the chocolate taste even more… and the chocolate chips … well… lets just say I like chocolate and couldn’t resist adding a little more!
If you haven’t tried Avocado Brownies yet do it, you will be shocked at how good they are! These would totally be a great dessert to bring to your next summer party … or just something to snack on at night if you’re like me. Bon Appetite!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of instant coffee
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¾ cup of dutch process cocoa powder
- ¼ cup of white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease an 8x8 pan with PAM cooking spray, line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, place avocado. Using a hand mixer, blend avocado until smooth.
- Add in coconut sugar, butter, vanilla extract, water, eggs, instant coffee, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Next add in white whole wheat flour and cocoa powder. Blend until wet and dry ingredients are mixed.
- Slowly fold in dark chocolate chips.
- Place batter into prepared 8x8 pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and remove brownies from pan and let cool on cooling rack.
IF YOU MAKE ONE OF THESE BURGER RECIPES, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT#JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!