A divine CINNAMON APPLE PEAR CRISP that will take you to dessert bliss in one bite. The oatmeal topping is incredible with the perfect amount of crunch and uses less sugar than most. It’s a must make dessert for the holidays!
Well guys … we are getting closer and closer to finishing the design of our dream house! Eekkk!!! I seriously can’t wait!
It has definitely taken a while and got put on hold because of some stuff that happened at my husbands office. But we are back on track. I couldn’t be more excited. The entire house is built around entertaining. I even have my own office with a photography studio surrounded by windowns that will bring in lots of light. It’s kinda dreamy.
I told Mike I want our goal to be … to be in the new house by Thanksgiving or Christmas of next year. So we need to get a move on wrapping up the design side so we can get quotes on builders! I also need to find a designer that can work alongside me to pick out our selections. I know my style and what I like, but I don’t know how to put it all together so that it flows.
Can anyone else relate?
I think I have at least 10+ secret Pinterest boards now for our new house! PS pinterest rocks when you’re looking for ideas!
That has been the story of my life lately. My mind has been all over the place. I’ll open my computer, start editing photos, click on facebook, go to pinterest, respond to an email …
Stay focused … and then it won’t take me 2 hours to finish a post! Ughhhh….
The good news is this Cinnamon Apple Pear Crisp doesn’t take 2 hours to make! In fact, it only takes 45 minutes and then you get to eat it for days afterwards.
That is… if it lasts for days!
This recipe is pure comfort. I am a chocolate lover at heart. But chocoalte doesn’t give you the comfort feels like a warm apple crisp does when it’s covered in ice cream that’s melting as soon as it touches the warm crisp. It’s basically dreamy!
So if you need a break from pumpkin pie or christmas cookies (ahem that’s me raising my hand) this dessert is it!
It’s simple to make, involves less than 10 ingredients, and brings you straight to dessert bliss in a matter of minutes! It’s the perfect holiday dessert if you’re looking for something comforting and “home-y.” You could even add cranberries for a festive pop of color!
Bon Appetit sweet friends!Print
Apple Pear Filling:
- 3 bosc pears, peeled and sliced
- 4 pink lady apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 cup regular oats
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350.
- To a large bowl add, sliced pears, sliced apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, raw honey, salt, and lemon juice. Gently toss to coat all the fruit with the spices.
- Pour fruit mixture into 13×9″ baking dish or 11″ skillet.
- In medium bowl, add regular oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and butter.
- Using your hands or a pastry blender, combine the butter into the dry ingredients until everything is combined and crumbly.
- Sprinkle Crisp topping on top of the fruit mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until top is browned.
- Remove from oven and serve! (optional: top with vanilla ice cream)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!