Serve the buffet-style brunch of your dreams with this Simple Charcuterie Board! It’s loaded up with a variety of crowd-favorite breakfast foods for an unforgettable family feast or romantic date night spread.
Looking for more charcuterie board ideas? Check out this incredible cheese board, or this date night charcuterie board for two!
The Ultimate Charcuterie Board for Brunch
Whether you’re celebrating a holiday or hanging out at home on a typical weekend morning, this simple brunch charcuterie board is a wonderful way to start your day. The only difficult thing about it is deciding what to grab first! From fluffy pancakes to savory sausage, juicy berries and more, it’s a smorgasbord of pure delight.
You can easily customize your charcuterie board to include your family’s favorite fixings. The possibilities are limitless! No matter how you choose to build your board, you’re in for a truly special meal.
What is a Charcuterie Board?
Also called a charcuterie plate or a grazing platter, the term “charcuterie board” originally referred to a tray full of cured meats. As these hearty snack trays gained popularity, people started incorporating additional items such as cheese, nuts, fruits and veggies to complement the meats. This simple recipe reimagines a charcuterie board as a fun serve-yourself breakfast or brunch!
Items to Include
We like to fill our boards with the following elements, but you can take whatever approach works best for you and your brunch-mates!
Pancakes & Proteins
- Pancakes: Or waffles, gluten-free if needed.
- Bacon: Cooked to your desired crispiness.
- Cooked Sausage: I usually go for chicken sausage.
- Hard-Boiled Eggs: Sliced in half. Feel free to get fancy and make Deviled Eggs instead!
- Grapes: Use your preference of red or green grapes.
- Berries: I definitely don’t skimp on the berries when I prepare my charcuterie boards – I like to add strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries.
- Oranges: Sliced into wedges or peeled and separated.
- Peanut Butter: Creamy or crunchy – your call!
- Chocolate Chips: I usually use semi-sweet.
- Maple Syrup: Pure, not artificial.
- Honey: Look for a bottle labeled “raw”.
Shop This Recipe
How to Build Your Brunch Buffet
First thing’s first, you’ll want to grab the tray or platter you’ll be using as your base. If you don’t have either of those things, you can use a large cutting board.
Line up Pancakes Down the Center: Place the pancakes (or waffles) in a line down the center of the board.
Arrange Condiments Around the Board: Put your condiments into small jars or bowls and arrange them around the board.
Add Meats & Eggs: Place your meats and eggs around the pancakes.
Finish with Fruits: Fill in any gaps with the fresh fruits and serve!
Tips for Success
I’ve made quite a lot of charcuterie boards in my lifetime, and I’ve picked up a few simple tips along the way. Here they are!
- Prepare the Pancakes & Proteins Last: I find it helpful to rinse off my fruits and prepare my condiments before I work on the pancakes and proteins. This way, the cooked items will still be warm once everything is assembled on the board.
- Avoid Leaving Empty Space on the Board: I like to use the berries to cover any gaps in my charcuterie board. This makes for the best presentation!
- Don’t Forget the Plates & Utensils! Make sure that everyone has their own plate in front of them to minimize the frequency of people reaching across the table. It’s also helpful to have a designated utensil for each condiment so that no one’s digging in with the spoon that’s been in their mouth.
- Store Any Leftovers Within 2 Hours: I don’t advise leaving your charcuterie board out at room temperature for longer than 2 hours. After that, bacteria can start to form on your food.
What Else Can I Add to My Charcuterie Plate?
Wondering what else you can put on your brunch board? I have some yummy ideas!
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Sliced Ham
- French Toast
- Apple Slices
- Jelly or Jam
- Fresh Veggies
- Tater Tots
- Cream Cheese
Simple Brunch Charcuterie Board
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Brunch
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Serve the buffet-style brunch of your dreams with this Simple Charcuterie Board! It’s loaded up with a variety of crowd-favorite breakfast foods for an unforgettable family feast or romantic date night spread..
Pancakes & Proteins
- 10–14 pancakes or waffles
- 8 oz. cooked bacon
- 8 oz. cooked sausage (I used chicken sausage)
- 4 hardboiled eggs, halved
- Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Chips
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Place the pancakes in a line down the center of the board.
- Put your condiments in jars or bowls and arrange around the board.
- Place your meats and eggs around the pancakes.
- Fill in the gaps with fruits and enjoy!
Store any leftovers within 2 hours
Keywords: charcuterie board, brunch food ideas, breakfast charcuterie
More Easy Board Ideas
Want even more charcuterie board inspiration? Check these out: