Skinny Baked Mozzarella Sticks wrapped in wonton wrappers and baked until golden and crispy – the perfect party appetizer everyone will love!
Skinny Baked Mozzarella Sticks wrapped in wonton wrappers, filled with gooey cheese, baked until golden brown and served with marinara sauce. These mozzarella sticks are the perfect party appetizer, sure to please a crowd!
Do you ever have those moments when you realize how strong you really are?
Funny enough, my moment happened in a spin class. (I may or may not have started to tear up while sweating my butt off) haha
The past couple of weeks I have been questioning my “mental strength.” I had a day where I literally cried 4 times in one day and was questioning everything, even whether I was going to continue blogging or not. Which is way out there because I love blogging, sharing my recipes and my heart.
I starting questioning whether or not I had the strength to deliver this baby naturally like I did with Cason. I have been in a lot more pain this time around and the idea of “powering through” without the drugs makes me go eeeekkk. But then again I loved my experience last time AND I know I can do!
Basically I felt like my mind was a big pile of “junk” and all I could think of were the negative things. Normally I have the mental strength to disregard those thoughts and move past it. But lately I haven’t.
Until I went to that spin class. It was towards the end of the class, we were doing a slow hill ride with lots of resistance on the bike. Then the instructor starting talking about how strong each and every one of us are. How we rise above our circumstances, show up and power through things. That we continually push ourselves and then she told us to add more resistance on because we can do it.
In that moment I came back to how strong I am. For goodness sake, I delivered a 10lb 2oz baby without drugs, I was walking around the hospital floor at 9cm!! I am still working out 3-4 times a week at 35 weeks pregnant! I am discipline. I have the mental strength to push through hard circumstances.
I am not weak. I am strong!
I finally felt like my head got put back on in that moment and I started to feel more like myself again. Then I started wondering; how do I raise my daughter to be a strong woman as well. I want her to never give up, to push through, stand her ground (while also being respectful). To be a woman of integrity, strength, grace, and love!
GAME ON! I can’t wait to raise this little girl!
Ok, wiping away the tears. Now, moving on to these Baked Mozzarella Sticks.
Guys, is there anything more delicious than melted gooey cheese? I think not! When we use to go out to eat when I was little I always wanted my parents to order Mozzarella Sticks.
Now, the kind you get at restaurants are normally breaded and then fried. (not the healthiest, but they sure are good) For today’s recipe I am using string cheese as the cheese filling, then wrapping it with wonton wrappers and brushing them with a garlic herb egg white wash. OMGee these little cheese nuggets are absolutely to die for!
The one caveat I have is, make sure you wrap the wonton wrappers tight around the cheese sticks or you’ll end up with cheese oozing out the little cracks. But even if the cheese does ooze out they are still delicious! Plus, crusty cheese on a baking sheet dunked in marinara sauce is amazing! My mom and I were snacking on it none stop!
These Baked Mozzarella Sticks make a great party appetizer for the holidays and are super simple to prepare! You’ll love them! I hope you had a Merry Christmas with friends and family! Bon Appetit friends!Print
Skinny Baked Mozzarella Sticks wrapped in wonton wrappers, filled with gooey cheese, baked until golden brown and served with marinara sauce.
- 12 string cheese, cut in half
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- marinara sauce for dipping
- garnish with fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- To a small bowl, add egg white, water, garlic powder, basil, oregano and parsley. Using a fork, lightly beat it and set it aside.
- Working with one wonton wrapper at a time, brush the edges with a light coating of egg wash.
- Place a piece of cheese in the middle and fold in the sides.
- Fold the top over and roll toward the opposite end. Press to seal all edges. Try to make sure there is no openings so the cheese doesn’t ooze out.
- Place the prepared mozzarella sticks on the prepared baking sheet and repeat until all the cheese is wrapped.
- Lightly brush the top of each mozzarella stick with egg wash.
- Place baking sheet on the bottom rack in oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, flip the mozzarella sticks and place back in the oven for an additional 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve with marinara sauce.
- Serving Size: 2 mozzarella sticks
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 294 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 17 mg
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Easy Holiday Party Appetizer Recipes?