These Skinny Baked Mozzarella Sticks are wrapped in wonton wrappers, filled with gooey cheese and baked until golden brown. Serve them with marinara sauce for a perfect, crowd-pleasing party appetizer idea!
- 12 string cheese, cut in half
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- marinara sauce for dipping
- garnish with fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- To a small bowl, add egg white, water, garlic powder, basil, oregano and parsley. Using a fork, lightly beat it and set it aside.
- Working with one wonton wrapper at a time, brush the edges with a light coating of egg wash.
- Place a piece of cheese in the middle and fold in the sides.
- Fold the top over and roll toward the opposite end. Press to seal all edges. Try to make sure there is no openings so the cheese doesn’t ooze out.
- Place the prepared mozzarella sticks on the prepared baking sheet and repeat until all the cheese is wrapped.
- Lightly brush the top of each mozzarella stick with egg wash.
- Place baking sheet on the bottom rack in oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, flip the mozzarella sticks and place back in the oven for an additional 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve with marinara sauce.
- Serving Size: 2 mozzarella sticks
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 294 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 17 mg
Keywords: baked mozzarella sticks, how to make mozzarella sticks, easy mozzarella sticks