Skinny Banana Nut Muffins, everyone needs a classic muffin recipe and this is it! Moist, delicious, sweetened with honey, and only 205 calories – the perfect on-the-go breakfast!
Can you believe that it’s already September!?
Crazy how fast time goes by, right?!
I am kinda excited about the arrival of September. It means cooler temperatures (fingers are still crossed on that one), fall scarves and boots, holiday season, and comforting fall foods! Pretty much, can’t get better than that.
I’ve gone on a bit of a spending spree lately and just bought a bunch of cute fall clothes and some adorable fall booties! It better start to cool down around here soon because I want to wear them!!!!
Anywho. Let’s get back to the business at hand!
I may or may not have gone a little banana’s with bananas this past weekend.
We had over half a dozen bananas that started to look a little brown and lose their happy yellow color. Usually I just throw them in the freezer and use them later for ice cream. Buttttt…. Cason and I got in the kitchen and started to bake!
We made Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread and these Skinny Banana Nut Muffins!
Everyone needs a good Banana Nut Muffin recipe in their archive. These muffins are so incredibly moist! They’re made with King Arthur white whole wheat flour (which is my new go to flour), honey, applesauce, coconut oil, mashed bananas (of course), cinnamon, nutmeg, and chopped pecans for a little crunch.
The flavor from the cinnamon and nutmeg give the muffins a nice warm comforting flavor and the sweetness comes from the bananas, applesauce, and honey INSTEAD of adding refined sugar!
The best thing about this recipe is it can easily be made as bread instead of muffins, just up the bake time and you’re good to go!
Honestly, I have been searching for a good healthy banana bread recipe for a long long long time! Most of them are either loaded with oil or use alternative flours which leaves a different texture. This recipe is hands down my favorite and I am so excited to say that I finally have a set in stone recipe for banana nut muffins and now you do to!
- 3 bananas
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, add bananas. Using a fork mash up bananas until just very small lumps are left. Add honey, vanilla extract, applesauce, coconut oil, and egg.
- Using a fork mix until combined.
- Add in white whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Using a spatula, mix until wet and dry ingredients are completely combined!
- Fold in the pecans.
- Line each muffin tin with a cupcake liner (or spray with pam so muffins don't stick to pan if not using liner).
- Fill each muffin tin ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. Serve
IF YOU A RECIPE BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!