15 MINUTE PAN SEARED FILET MIGNON with a zesty CHIMICHURRI – the ultimate date night recipe. An easy recipe to make that delivers on flavor in a big way!
I hope by now, you know that Steak is the way to a man’s heart. If given the choice between fish, chicken or steak. I guarantee you, the man is going to choose Steak 8 out of 10 times.
In my husbands words, Steak should be it’s own food group!
I know most people have a pretty strong opinion about which slice of meat they like. My husband is all about the Ribeye. Ribeye is the slice that is known for it’s marbling. What is marbling? Well in layman’s terms, it’s the fat throughout the piece of meat … which equals flavor!
My favorite slice, is Filet Mignon, or Beef Tenderloin. It is INCREDIBLY tender and is more meat than fat. Think of Ribeye like 80/20 ground beef and a Filet Mignon like 90/10 ground beef in terms of fat content.
I can’t remember the last time I bought Filet Mignon, more less cooked it at home. I’m always cooking either skirt steak, flank steak or ribeye for the hubbie.
A couple weeks ago, Mike and I went out on a date to this newer restaurant by us and then afterwards we went to a comedy show (Tim Hawkins … ummm hilarious). Whenever we go out to eat, we like to order a couple things and then split them. Well, one of the things we ordered was a Filet Mignon with a side of Chimichurri … cuz let’s be honest Chimichurri just makes everything better!
I loved it so much that I NEEDED to replicate it at home.
You guys will not believe how easy this recipe it! It is literally done in 15 minutes and it looks so fancy! The Filet Mignon is seared on a scorching hot pan with a slice of butter and then thrown into the oven to bring it to your perfect temperature.
It’s kinda fool proof. So if you don’t want to mess up your Valentine’s Day dinner … make this recipe! Nothing crazy about it, it’s very straight forward and easy. But best of all it looks incredibly elegant and tastes phenomenal! The husband has been raving about this dish since I made it last week! And that’s saying something because he is all about that Ribeye.
I hope ya’ll give this recipe a try! I guarantee it will be a hit!
Bon Appetit friends!
- 4 6 oz. filet mignon, brought to room temperature
- salt & pepper to season both sides
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees.
- Make sure filet mignon are brought up to room temperature before you cook them. Usually take them out of the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking. Generously season both sides of the filet.
- Heat a large skillet till it is searing hot! It needs to be HOT for you to get a nice sear.
- Add butter to the pan. Then place the filets in the skillet. Sear the first side for 2 minutes, DO NOT touch them at all. After the 2 minutes is up, flip the filet and repeat by searing for 2 minutes.
- After the two minutes if up, immediately place the skillet in the oven. Uncovered. Let filets bake for 5-6 minutes for medium rare. (I did 6 minutes and it was perfect) If you like you steak cooked more then add 1-2 minutes for each temperature (ex. medium would be 6-7 minutes)
- Remove the steaks when done and let sit.
- In the meantime, add the following to a small food processor - garlic clove, fresh cilantro, red wine vinegar, lime juice, olive oil, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to taste. Blend until smooth.
- Serve each filet mignon with a scoop of chimchurri
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!